Must read!!!! Stopped by FL DOT yesterday....

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Driver of the year, Mar 16, 2013.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    All political discussions belong in Politics. No exceptions if it continues, I will be issuing infractions.

LaBubba, joseph1135, d o g and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    a lot less than 90% even care to ask

4. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    When I work local I dont even do a log pulled on the VA scale I85N they did a level one he looked at my bill and looked at a radius map and didnt say anything about a log. dont know how that radius thing work but it dilivered 242 miles from pickup and 205 miles from home

5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    It is interstate. If it helps, CHP gives some leeway by saying if a trailer is fully loaded and fully unloaded in California (and doesn't travel out of state between A and B), they'll consider that load intrastate even with freight destined out of state. So interstate freight that is offloaded at a LTL terminal on the border to be put into another trailer going out of state is intrastate for the 1st driver. But if you are simply dropping the trailer and another driver is relaying it as you left it, you are engaged in interstate transportation. CHP was very, very clear on this when I toured the supercoop on I5 in cottonwood (the reason it came up was because a student in my cdl-school was 18 and ineligible for interstate trucking).

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Well couldn't one argue that the container is "unloaded" once its lifted off the chassis. At that point it ceases to be a trailer and becomes one gigantic metal case. With that thinking, a container, even though its not delivering in the state is "loaded" and "unloaded" intrastate?

LaBubba and Driver of the year Thank this.
  7. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ

How will fuel prices go down or toll roads become free if owner ops "unify"? I guess you dint hear, OOIDA has had lobbyists in D.C. for decades. Yet we still pay $4 a gallon, half the roads in this country are toll roads, and you need a brand new truck every few years to run in California.
    Hows this sound, if I bring a truck to your hometown and tell your customers that I will haul the same freight as you but I will charge 25% more, will you tell that shipper that you stand by me and you too will raise your rate? THATS UNITY! You ready for that? Dint think so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  8. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    Local is 100 miles radius from your home Terminals address.

9. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    Well Guntoter, that's the attitude that's made this Industry so hard to survive as a Owner Operator. You mention spell check, im not going to stay all day checking every word, you guys understand, i type fast, next OOIDA has had representatives in Washington, the day they started selling ins. and services? they became a special interest organization. Just ask the hundred of members that leave after the first year! Their lobbyist in DC. have been bought and paid for! they started the fight but $$$$$$ for them became first priority. Now, $4.00 gallon fuel? let me tell you something! im going to show you my plan! Let's say if we unify all Owner Operators, and we are 20,000 small business that invest $5,000 dollars each and build our private fuel island around the country and order as much oil tankers from saudi arabia, canada etc... right there we the investors will be playing the same game of the oil cartel and with the investment, the members will be buying diesel at $1.25 a gallon! Makes sense????????? The less money you pay in fuel, the more money in your settlement you will have and right there is your increase in pay! Im a Owner Operator that in the past pulled any trailers and business you cant imagine! i know the business and we have to play the same game the Oil Investors and the Politicians are playing. If we start supporting truckers running for City, State, Governors, then Congressmen, then that CSA 2010 can be overhauled where instead of 10 hours , 6 should be mandatory! instead of 34 reset, 30 should be the new reset! The last question that you have about the rates? listen Guntoter, we are going through a very disastrous economic slowdonwn since 2007. If companies in this country had confidence in the leaders, they would've invest more and orders in this country will skyrocket and freight follows. The more freight, not enough truckers to cover the orders? result????? higher rates! Supply and demand and theres your answers. I dont know how you were raised but you have alot of negativity and you already gave up! Because OOIDA failed, you gave up to fight for your fellow truckers and your Country? Remember, Soildiers in this country gave their life for America! We the Truckers in this Country have the power to halt Chinas gigantic economy because years ago we got rid of the Vocational trade schools where we built things with our hands! We are a consuming country and thats why the Container Business is so profitable right now and in the future. We also can halt Latin Americas growing economy with a strike in the East Ports, but again, that wont fix the problem, we have to get our people where the laws are made in the voting booth. Right now i got a 5 point plan that i will shair with everybody. We have social media where we can be informed in seconds. Look how many Leaders were gone in the Arab Spring by the protesters communicating via tweeter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  10. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't actually CARE what the CHP tries to tell you. When you hitched on the trailer, you LOADED in California... and when you unhitched, you UNLOADED in California. Ask them what state line you crossed, if they ever try to pull that again.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    You're going to need to care... whether you care to or not.

double yellow, aiwiron and truckon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.