My 10 day Orientation Experience with

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by CAGEtrucker, May 30, 2010.

1. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Exactly what he said!! :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDSTrucker

LDSTrucker Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    somewhere, USA
    CAGEtrucker thanks for giving up LDSTrucker for me to use. I wish you the best of luck in trucking, Watkins and Shepard is 3rd on my list maybe we will run into each other. Send me a PM not sure how my post count is to be able to reply back but we will see.

Thanks again.

4. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    LDS good luck to you as well. I am happy WS was my #1 choice they have been great to me. Also your welcome for giving up the LDSTrucker login.

5. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    I find it interesting to read all these accounts of backing and evals at different terminals. In Conover, I backed it up once between trailers and Matt said, "OK, you know which way to turn the wheel, the rest will come with practice" and that was it...Done...LOL

We never got to chaining either. I still have no clue how to do that but I think I'll figure it out on my own. I plan (if time allows) to find an out of the way place and try it out. I found a little key in the ashtray of the truck when I first got it. I'm "assuming" it's the key for the lock on the chains??...LOL

So any tips on chaining from you guys would be MUCH appreiciated... :biggrin_25514:

6. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    If you can get through Missoula or Conover and they will give you a refresher or in your case training period. Once snow really starts just let dispatch know you are uncomfortable chaining and need to get to a place with training to learn. Or catch a driver at a terminal that is what I did for "real" life instead of in a classroom. I bought him dinner that night for showing me how to do it.

chralb Thanks this.
  7. Znine

Znine Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Spokane, wa
    Also you can find videos on youtube for chaining.

8. Socalchuckster

Socalchuckster Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Fontana, CA
    If you search YouTube for "Eskimo Sean" he has a pretty decent video on how to chain up.

Wedge Thanks this.
  9. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    A great idea CAGE and thank you for the advice! :biggrin_25514: I'll do that. Still hoping we get a chance to meet too.

I'll also take Socalchuckster's and Znine's advice as time allows and check out those videos. Thanks guys!

Wedge and Znine Thank this.
  10. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Whenever in PHX let me know, we can do lunch.

11. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Don't back up on the chains throw them over the top of the tires.. make them as tight as possible use bungies to secure the loose ends of chains.. I hope this helps some. TD24

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.