My 10 day Orientation Experience with

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by CAGEtrucker, May 30, 2010.

1. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    CAGE Just pray alot and you will be fine. Take Care. I'm looking forward to hearing about your time while there. See ya. TD.

booniehat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
  4. twodoves3492

twodoves3492 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2010
    Keep me posted Cage! (PS...this is Ray's wife!)

5. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    I HAVE ARRIVED . Got picked up at the airport by the shuttle, we stopped and picked up 3 guys that were at Perkins on our way, one was Ray. We got back to the terminal, took a walk around and I am more excited. 2 Doves I will take some pictures this is going to be great we are moved into our room we are at the end of the hall for less foot traffic outside our room. I will post more later. I will also tell my wife to get on the forum she will be CAGEwife or CAGEmom I am sure.

Blue Screen, wulfman75 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    What someone said about a large class is right...some won't think they need the practice, and by the end, sadly, some will be sent home for various reasons.....ya know you made it when they have you filling out payroll stuff!

7. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Yea day 10 is a good day. 12 wow that's crazy we only had two so one guy per truck when practicing. Btw when Kelby tells the tire story that was me :) a whole day before we do tire orientation haha.

8. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Tell ya what cage. While I could make a comment about SW and there training. I'm just going to be quite and read what happens. For now, Good luck. You're going to need it.:biggrin_25511:

9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    He'll be alright. Trucking isn't rocket science.

10. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    BIS I don't want to high jack the thread but I'm out of school mid July, I'm expecting the stork to drop in just about that same time, If the stork is late well guess what.. I will have to wait, My wife is expecting our last child and we will figure it out as we go. CAGE Take Care I'm excited for you, I wish you well. See Ya out there. TD.

11. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Day 1

Classroom, got lots of books and a folder with test we have 1 week to complete. I needed a new drug test and 2 people needed HPE's so we were gone until about 12:30, returned to the others practicing 45 into a dock. I did not have time to practice we were back in class at 1 for more paperwork a couple power point presentations and then a lesson on the brake system. We also saw slides of where we were going to be driving tomorrow. 5 came and I got the keys to the wagon. Drove to target to get a pancho and a few other things, then Walmart to send a money gram then subway in Walmart. Got back to terminal at and the Ray and I spent about 2 hours practicing backing and driving around shifting in the MUD, yes all the W/S drivers now I get the MUDsoula not Missoula . Now it is 8:30 back inside relaxing in my room.

Looking forward to driving tomorrow.

Until tomorrow......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.