My 10 day Orientation Experience with

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by CAGEtrucker, May 30, 2010.

1. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Day 6? Wheres it at oh yea you JUST finished it LOL... So... So.... Inquiring minds want to know...

That and im bored at a truck stop and not tired yet haha...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Day 6

We did some classwork watched a few video worked on logs and trip envelopes the homework tonight is log exercise 3. What a pain sure is easier doing your own rather then trying to decipher what someone else did in a paragraph. Great practice though it makes you think.

We did 1 last city road test. We lost another person we are now down to 9 people, this may be one of the bigger groups to make it.

We finished the day with more logs and basic paperwork. We went over the mountain driving gears and shifting since I assume we will be doing that exercise tomorrow.

Until tomorrow......

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    What sent the guy home?

5. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Driving ability, this is actually harder then I thought it was going to be. The guy that left was doing okay but he personally dropped out because he said he needs more training like a May or Stevens that puts you with a trainer. With W/S you need to be confident and able to take care of things.

wulfman75 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Day 7,

I MADE IT!!!!!! Today was the finally driving evaluation on the hills it was awesome. Who knew it was so easy to shift while going downhill to control your truck. We finished the day going over routing and mapping and a lesson on the Qualcomm.

Tomorrow we have HR right away in the morning and a few other people in an out from the company. Hopefully we will know where our trucks are at tomorrow or Friday. I WILL NOT post my truck number on the forum I will be happy to give it to you drivers I chat with all the time.

I am pretty excited looks like I am hired and ready to go.

I guess I should clarify as well the 10 day includes weekends as well.

Until Tomorrow.

7. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    At least he was man enough to admit he didn't think he would make it on his own...but with the level of training that you get in the 10 days at WS, most people are all set for most things...although I still run across stuff every day that I have to figure out on my own, but it makes for better learning. Instead of having a trainer tell my how to back in a particular situation, for instance, I figure it out on my own and for me that's better...
    How did downhill ops go?
    edit: We posted at the same time, I now know how downhill went....as for posting your truck number, heck, I did, I think here, but on FB for sure, but that's just me....

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  8. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    I will have my truck number on facebook, just not going to post it here due to some peoples actions.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  9. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Hey Cagetrucker! Congrats to you!!! I have been following your thread since you found out you start! Keep posting how things go once they hand you the keys!!!!:biggrin_2559:

10. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Ahh, I know who/what you mean.....

Man, what's up with Montana...yesterday thru Nevada, Arizona, and Utah, it was triple digits, now it's 53 stinking degrees here! Oh, and on Utah, is there ever a sunny day around the greater Salt Lake area? Every single time I've been there it has either rained or snowed....no exaggeration!

11. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Congrats Man, you are it, you got thru it, I will look forward to hearing about your travels out of there. Thanks. TD.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.