My 1st ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nshore harleyguy, Jun 25, 2014.

1. nshore harleyguy

nshore harleyguy Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2014
    NH
    No offense taken its a valid question.

There was partial barriers set up the signs were set up in the road and you had to drive over the center line to get past them to the warehouse. After the signs there was a railroad crossing (just before the entrance to the warehouse) the road did go up a bit for the RR crossing maybe that's why I didn't see him, maybe he wasn't there I can't say for sure I did scan down the road to see the warehouse but maybe I didn't look much further than that. (Seeing that warehouse was a dam good feeling of relief)

Agtrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Fight every ticket. Always worth the effort. Look online and find an attorrney. Odds are you will be glad you did.

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Problem is the judge is probably in with the mayor and police i had that problem in mansfield pa fought a ticket with an attorney and still lost now i will say i was totally guilty for speeding but i only wanted it reduced to 69 in a 55 judge wouldnt budge but these redneck towns you gotta be careful cause their looking for the money grab.

5. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Oh yea if you do fight it try to get some pics at the intersection showing there was no signs until after you made your turn.

6. nshore harleyguy

nshore harleyguy Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2014
    NH
    I agree (I am still gonna fight it) but when I saw the court it is scheduled to be heard in is the small town court where I received the ticket I couldn't help but be a little worried. The judge is probably the cops brother in law or uncle LOL

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  7. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    You don't need to have a dashcam for documentation, pictures will do in these type instances, and they'll certainly do better than nothing.

I carried a little 3MB Point & Shoot, and I used it. I shot wacky loads I'd secured the best I could in case they tumbled, freight damage, trailer damage, etc.

Today, the typical phone camera is better than that.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    the op says he turned down the road with no signs. but once he turned down the road he immediately saw billions of signs.

did the road curve that blocked the signs till you went through the curve?

course, it's BS that signs can't be out ON THE ROAD so trucks don't turn in the first place.

9. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Verging OT here, but .... Reduced to 69 in a 55?! In Mansfield PA? I sure hope you were on US-15.

OP: If you're going to fight it, you've gotta do some legwork. Pictures of the whole situation, as well as a good reason for being on that road in the first place. I used to pick up apples a lot down in Marlboro (off 9W) which put me onto some tiny little roads that I'm pretty sure were never intended to carry a 53'.

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Whatever you do, don't let your defense be "my GPS ROUTED ME THAT WAY"...if you have turn by turn directions on your Qualcomm or directions from the company putting you on that road make sure you use that in your defense.

11. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I am finding myself getting more and more worked up about this thread. The cop does not understand the law. Local doesn't mean you live there. It means you can't go through there to get someone where else. What you did was legal, period. I have decided to take your case for free. But I am only good for Federal Court right now so we have to take it there. So plead not guilty and we will start working on the appeals.

tsavory Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.