My 2 months with Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Lost Crow, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Lost Crow

Lost Crow Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    So, I talked with some third party recruiter and was promised a 5.5 day out 1.5 day home dedicated run from Kellogg's / Quaker in Phoenix to the Vegas area

Talked with the Gordon recruiting dept, and first thing I asked was if this was the correct Job and this is what I was interested in. Was told this was correct and they were hiring specifically for this.

Went to orientation, was told they paid $12.00 a hour for orientation (even saw that on their overhead). Got paid $8.25 for orientation. On the last day, was given a contract to sign that said NCA, 10-12 days out 2 days home. Refused to sign and spoke again to the recruiter who then told me that this was what they had and I was not promised anything. Told her I wasn't gonna do it an would go home. She then offered a 6 state 5.5 day 1.5 day position. I was stupid and accepted it in stead of going home

So after being away from home for 12 days I finally got home for 1.5 days. Since then I've been home every week except for one. But I have to constantly "remind them" almost daily about when my home time is. and they repeatedly try to get me to stay out longer.

The first 2 weeks I did really good with miles and keeping the wheels turning, but then I got handed down to another "Driver Manager" EXZ, since then I haven't had more than 2000 miles in the last 6 weeks.

This last week I came home for my 2 days home time and it's been 4 days. Saturday, 11-26-11 (after my 2 days home) they tried (I refused) to give me a 1400 mile trip to MT that delivered 5 days later and I couldn't deliver early or relay/drop it someplace. Which of course would have also caused me to miss my home time again. Tomorrow, Monday, I'm doing "local" deliveries on "mileage" pay.

yeah, it took less than 2 months

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yep I know how you feel...I was told there was no SW fleet openings when I asked...I was bugged the entire time I was on hometime to come back early...I didnt...They tried jamming a Staples 4 stop delv in Montana down my throat and said no...I'm quitting....all of a sudden the SW fleet had openings...nope sorry I moved on...

4. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    I was on the SW fleet for a few months and my miles were pitiful- was lucky to get 2000 a week, and most of my runs were Modesto-Fontana and Fontana-Tolleson. Recruiter 'promised' me western 17 but I was lucky to get past SLC

5. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I was mostly on West Coast but when the crappy weather hits,all lease guys stay south and all I ever did was go back and forth to Montana and Idaho...I didnt mind going up there,just not every stinking load....Although I did get to Memphis once...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.