My back is really sore?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewNashGuy, May 6, 2012.

1. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    If it were that common I would see every driver in pain and struggling to step down the steps?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BSD

BSD Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Edge of the Badlands
    Make sure you have nothing in your back pockets (billfold) while you are sitting and driving down the road as that will misalign your spine.

NSBGearjammer and Kansas Thank this.
  4. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    Nope I never use anything in my back pocket. Right now I am wearing Nike gym shorts anyway.

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

unlock your seat! it'll feel weird for the first day or two but your back pain should go away, work on your seat and wheel position as well, find what works best. Once i get in a truck it takes a week or so to find MY spot for the seat and the steering wheel but once there it dont move EVER.

American Trucker

6. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Tempur pedic, trucker edition mattress......

7. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Were you parked on an incline? I've found if I park on a lot with an incline I wake up with a sore back. Apparently I try to fight against the incline in my sleep. :)

8. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Make sure your matress agrees with your back, thats the first thing I would do. Walmart sells those foam egg crate matress topper thingys. (Yes thats the technical term lol) They really do add comfort to your sleep at night, they are worth the cash IMO.

Another thing, youre now in your 30's. Expect your body to start changing a little bit. Your not 20 anymore. Aches and pain are going to become a little more prevalent.

Get extra exercise any time you can, walk walk and walk every chance you get to keep your body loosened up.

9. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Yeah that's a factor I never really think about but makes sense. I'll be 34 next week. :)

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    The seat in the last Century I drove gave me fits...just couldn't get it adjusted to suit me.

The 2010 ProStar I'm in has totally eliminated any back discomfort, even though the mattress sucks. I've got a foam topper at home....gotta bring it next time out...

11. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    what?! i dont use the sleeper, but the volvo sleeper i use on linehaul was the smoothest riding truck ever. I'm sad as the day linehaul guy totalled it, and I doubt we'll get another one back. :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.