My Brief Time at Schneider Bulk

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MSWS, Mar 2, 2023.

1. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    Anywhere from $1-1.5k per week. I was hoping it would average out to about $1,250.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's funny. At Schneider, you read their offers, then are disappointed by your checks. At my current job, you read the contract and are STILL pleasantly surprised every week.

FLHT, Cat sdp and MSWS Thank this.
  4. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Do they hire new drivers?

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Lately yes, but only at certain locations, and mostly for teams.

Maverick Griff and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. just_s0me_Guy

just_s0me_Guy Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2022
    good to know. i thought about contacting them to get the tanker experience but so far i haven’t really found anything saying it’s better than the flatbed gig i’m currently doing.

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Bro... You're as valuable to a company with those credentials as a pure uncut 5ct diamond. I say go ltl. Old Dominion & Estes are the top dogs. I work at Estes so ask me whatever you need.

Keep in mind Estes is far from perfect but you'll definitely be making a.70 cpm TO START for a fact.

Maverick Griff and MSWS Thank this.
  8. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    I've looked into them. Most want more experience than I have, and all of them say I'll need to get the "auto-only" restriction removed from my license. YRC wanted me to go through CDL training all over again at their school just to get the restriction taken off. I think they said it would be 4-6 weeks and I'd have to sign a 2-year contract. Obviously, I said no.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    Maverick Griff and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @MSWS --

If all else fails...and you're still looking for a CDL job.....here's a current (as of this writing) job opening with Swift...dry van...OTR....in MS:

Swift Transportation -- dry van -- OTR -- min 6 months exp

Swift's nearest terminal to you is probably going to be their facility in Mobile:

Swift Transportation Mobile, AL Terminal - Swift Transportation

With the general freight market tightening up (for the gory details--see/read the thread, "Can somebody please help me stay motivated? | Page 6 | TruckersReport.com Trucking Forum | #1 CDL Truck Driver Message Board (thetruckersreport.com))....Swift is a pretty darn good place for a relatively new driver to be....they will likely have the freight to keep you running....o_O

BTW: whay happened with Foodliner (post #13)? Any luck? :dontknow:

-- Lual

MSWS Thanks this.
  10. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    I appreciate it. I've came across several OTR options I could take, but I'm just not interested in them. The position I went for at Schneider was listed as OTR, but the hometime was closer to regional. I won't stay out more than 10 days at a time, give or take.

I did speak with Foodliner several weeks back. They weren't hiring drivers at any of their Lousiana locations, which are the closest to me. I will check back with them in the future, though.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    It's the auto restriction that's hampering you. I jumped into ltl with no experience but did have 2+years otr experience.

BeHereNow97 and MSWS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.