My Central Thread

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Scott7975, Sep 6, 2010.

1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    people are speculating that we will be 8 or 9 hrs instead of 10 or 11

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Picknflick

Picknflick Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Titusville FL
    not quite right...14 hrs total on duty time. 11 driving and upto 4 non driving

it is NO DRIVING but you can be on line 4 forever ex....driving 11 hours (line 3) then forever on line 4......you can not drive after 14 hours on lines 3 and 4 but you can stay on line 4 forever

4. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    i stand corrected... but you still cant drive. so why bother going over the 11

5. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well Im on home time I put that I would be available on Friday morning at 8am. I kinda want to get back out and make money. I feel poor right now.

6. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    lol. i feel the same way when at home... the money is only part of it though.

7. Smurfette

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well so far the DM I have is OK. He got me an almost 700 mile load so I could go home after I got my truck. Then he got me 2 loads to get me going again. One was just under 400 miles to get me out of PHX into CA for a 2200 mile load out to KY. I did the PHX to CA today and I'm taking my 10. I really don't know exactly where I am right now. I have to go across the 40 to get to KY and right now I'm at like a little corner market/huge dirt parking lot on HWY138. I ran out of time on my 14 and had to find somewhere to stop for the night. Nestlie sucks in that fact that they didn't have a big enough parking lot for me to take my 10 there. Oh well I have until 1301 to deliver my load on Tuesday. I'm just glad to be making money again. It just sucks that My Trainer didn't really have me use a map that much while I was training. Oh well just me ranting. I need to catch some zzz's Ill keep you all posted as to how things go.

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Remember when you do your routing.
    The route Central gives you is a rough guide. They put a disclaimer on it saying that you have to use your map. And the routes they give you can and will put you places you cannot be.

So look at what they give you and look at your map.
    Then take the best roads that are close to that route. Many times you can follow the main route they give. But they will have you get off an interstate at times and onto a business route, because it is 1 mile shorter. Even though you are now at 30 instead of 60. And you are hitting lights.
    So never follow the routing they give if you have an interstate available that is about the same distance.
    This way you will save time. And time is money.

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Smurfette

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah I'm going through my routing and making sure that its where I can go. My parents got me the Garmin Nuve 465t which has been a big help. I know that at times I cant follow it to a t but pretty close.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    My Rand is the same way.
    It is much better now than it was before the recent map updates, but it still will send me on longer routes than needed at times.
    In some area's I know the route well, and it thinks there are issues that are not present.
    Then in other instances it will try and send me on a road that I know I cannot take.
    Only a few times in the last year+ that I have had it have I needed to turn around and reroute though.
    Main issue is that at times it will not send me on the correct exit. I will always know the best one to take though. So has not mattered.
    Biggest issue is that it has made me lazy at times with planning.

11. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Yeah, made me lazy too! It's so easy to have the log timer set correctly and press "end of day" when looking for a place to park :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.