My dart experience

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by barebear91, Dec 11, 2018.

1. barebear91

barebear91 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Was running a dedicated regional account with dart. Had good dispatchers that kept me loaded and preplanned for the week. Would of stayed if not for a family issue arising.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Would not dart give you time off..to get family issue worked out? Quitting a job you like not so good.

4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Could have been a few things,But Most Likely the other half said...."If your not home at night,I'm Leaving you" And of course,9 outta 10 guys say "Ok Honey"

Or, Could be a medical thing where he has to care for a family member who is sick or in hospice.

5. barebear91

barebear91 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Left due to family member being diagnosed with cancer living in CA. Unfortunately their freight network didn't reach that far and I didn't think about asking for a leave of absence. My mistake their

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    My wife didn't say that but I could read between the lines. Best move I ever made coming off the road. Dedicated home daily is where it's at but I miss the road sometime. I found this new job where I drive a daycab regionally but home " almost" every night. I lay over once or twice a week. Park at hotel. The company reimburses me for the room and pays my 120 for layover. Not too shabby.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Dart is now going out to Cali , not a lot but they are out there now. It might be new because west of I35 was never there deal.

8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    The guys on their trailers look happy.

9. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Dart going to California, and any point west of I-35 started about a year or so ago...I think they have 50 or so trucks on with a customer that has their own freight board...and the customer basically plans those 50 trucks all over the country, minimizing empty miles, and getting guys home when they need to be. I don't think Dart plans these trucks, direction comes 100% from the customer. Dedicated 100%, I believe its mostly live load/live unload, and possibly D&H when available. When I was there, it sounded like a pretty interesting, mutually beneficial program.

10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Are you speaking of there version of the choice board ?
    I know they are doing some California now but I was under the impression it was teams only.

11. A_C_Cooper

A_C_Cooper Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Gilbert, SC
    The C.H. Robinson account goes to Cali. I also remember about a year ago they were looking for people for a dedicated account running mostly nights in California. If I remember correctly it was pulling trailers for another trucking company, I heard a rumor it was Central Freight or Central transport.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.