My Day By Day Experience At Eastern Freightways Flatbed Division

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ABRO Transport, May 13, 2018.

1. ABRO Transport

ABRO Transport Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Pre-Day 1

Well here we are. I've got my truck and picked up my first load Friday morning in Danville, PA and headed back to my home terminal in Concord, NH. This load is headed to Attleboro, MA on Monday for a 7am delivery. Actually the delivery window is from 7am.- 2pm. but my plan is to leave the terminal at 4am to get a jump on the Day/Week. I'm excited and a little nervous as I think about what lies ahead of me. If you have followed my previous thread on my experience with Eastern Freightways orientation and training then I thank you for following me on this new thread. If you just came across this thread first then here is the link to my other thread:
    Orientation with Eastern Freight ways!

I look forward to sharing my experience, the good, bad and ugly. I'm one to always listen first then ask questions. I like to learn as much as possible with anything that I do. So I'm also looking forward to any advice and comments that you all may have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Following. Good luck!

shogun and ABRO Transport Thank this.
  4. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Thank you @Lonesome

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Subscribed looking forward to it.

ABRO Transport and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Thank you @Vic Firth

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  7. Caterpillar6nz

Caterpillar6nz Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Following best of luck

ABRO Transport Thanks this.
  8. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Really enjoying your first thread and this new one.

As a guy who is considering a career change to drive truck I find your day by day enlightening. There is a lot of unknown (for me) after being in one industry for so long. This daily breakdown alleviates some of my concerns. I think sometimes all I read on here is horror stories, or seriously funny #### from vets. I guess the guys doing the good work just do their work and go home, and occasionally post to rile up each other. Be safe and keep posting. Thanks.

9. LeadFarmer

LeadFarmer Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Make yourself a edge protector placer asap, cut 10ft PVC in half and put a T on the end. Saw a gap in it. Pushing edge protectors up with your load bar gets real old really fast. Other stuff to get asap is a long Johny bar with 45degree finger (finger is good for pushing bungees) and a winch strap winder. The johny bar is essential because we can't get on the trailer at any of the drywall places so you're not getting a properly secured tail without it.

Best bang for your buck in quality of life at Eastern.

10. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Thank you @Caterpillar6nz

11. ABRO Transport

Feb 22, 2018
    NH
    Hey @otterinthewater thank you. My experience may be different from someone else's going through the exact same thing we just sometimes look at it differently. I have some downtime in throughout the day, usually at night, and I've read a couple of good threads here so I thought I'd share what I'm experiencing. It's a big change!! I was used to working 10-12 hours a day but 11-14 hours on the road flatbedding is a whole new game. I laughed today while tarping a load and was like "why did I choose flatbed again? HaHa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.