My Experiance with Watkins Shepard!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by American-Trucker, Sep 25, 2010.

1. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I Start Orientation with Watkins Shepard on Monday September 27th in Conover, NC. So far everything has gone great, I faxed Roxy my Application/Copy of My MVR/DOT Physical Long Form and she was very helpful with any questions I had. They sent me to do my Drug Test/HPE you can read how that works in the thread I started here: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s-shepard-safety-interview-hpe-explained.html

I was going to do a thread on my experience with the 10 Orientation, and then one on my experience with the company, but decided to do one thread and keep it all in one place.

So when they scheduled my orientation, they asked how far from conover I live and when I said 66 miles +/- about 1.5 hours she asked if I wanted to stay in a hotel while in orientation. I thought that was really cool considering how long orientation is and that its a Days Inn.

Anyway I'll be heading up there tomorrow (09/26/2010), I'm bringing my laptop with me so I should be able to Post a day by day update while there (that is if the hotel has wifi).

I'm so Excited, I can't wait!

American Trucker

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    good luck--hope everything goes great for you

American-Trucker and JustSonny Thank this.
  4. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Thank you, I hope so too!

American Trucker

Wedge and southeastdriver Thank this.
  5. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Good luck to you, A-T. You will do fine. Just remember, pay attention to detail.

Wedge and American-Trucker Thank this.
  6. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    Thank you!

I sure hope I will, I'm so Excited and nervous at the same time lol. I'm just so happy that W/S is giving me a chance.

I hope to see ya on the road in about 11 days :biggrin_25525:

American Trucker

Wedge and gdyupgal Thank this.
  7. BNR32

BNR32 Heavy Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    denver, CO
    show up with confidence. you can mess up and miss gears and ####, the key is that you know how to fix it and not panic or anything.
    for example if you guys do the hill shifting down there they will have a hill somewhere thats safe even in a worst case scenario so just get in there balls deep and see how easy it actually is. if you end up out of gear, just dont freak out, know how to find a gear and keep doing.

wulfman75, American-Trucker and FZ37 Thank this.
  8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Thanks! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.......I'm usually pretty good 98% of the time no missing gears/grinding or what ever and I'm pretty good at recovery but I was Really worried about Mister 2% showing up at Orientation lol and messing everything up.

I'll man up and put my "Game Face" on :biggrin_2559:

American Trucker

gdyupgal and Wedge Thank this.
  9. TruckerDragon

TruckerDragon Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Westminster, Co
    Good luck keep us posted, I hear w/s is good stuff, and even lets pets come. :)

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Good luck, American Trucker. We are all looking forward to reading your posts about your orientation and training.

The nervousness will pass. Just concentrate on what your being told, and everything will be fine. You'll be on the road before you know it.:biggrin_255:

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

I can't wait! I've been waiting about 14 years....I've been dreaming about this since I was roughly 7 years old and now its only a matter of hours away from becoming reality!

American Trucker

sammycat and andrew5184 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.