MY EXPERIENCE AS A Mercer FLATBED DRIVER

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skateboardman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    This year is around 75,000 miles there were several weeks off due to issues with my dads health, so between that and vacation time is why the overall mileage is low
    I have always owned an operated my own business but new to trucking, pretty much been a trial and error process but with my background I have been able to make money, question is, am I goiong about this all wrong? if I lease to Mercer are ther benefits and more $ per mile I am not seeing or factoring in such as fuel discounts or other?

I am not one to need to get home every friday, I have seen from what I do that I can make more money when I don't have a certain destination so I follow good loads out and beyond then make ok money going home, therefore that is the main reason I run 3 off 2 plus I can actually plan something the week or 2 I am off other than wash the truck and leave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    wow i read all these posts and i think a person can make what he want within reason. Many things effect your money besides the truck like weather, sickness or just being lazy for a day or 2 but as an o/o you have control of where you go and such unlike company drivers who go where they r told ie. brooklyn bronx and a lot of other places i dont like. But i take people for their word till i catch them in lies. I no its a bad time to start with a new company but i have had friends that love mercer and some that didnt but im thinking ill like it the people on here and the ones i have talk to on the road and at mercer office have been really helpful and nice and im looking forward to a long stretch with them and plan to keep checking this blog and see how you guys r doing

4. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    We gotta stop talking up Mercer so much guys. They might figure out were a bunch of recruiters.

5. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I like that flightline and i love your truck

Flightline Thanks this.
  6. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Thanks, Truck just needs to be little bigger so I can call it a large car.
    I want to get a picture of it pulling UPS pups. Should be around 90-95' long.

7. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Hey skateboard, were you near Charleston south carolina yesterday? I saw a blue T6 with Mercer on the door, though it may have been you.

8. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    this thread would be cool if skateboard man was still posting regularly. I liked that.. guy with experience, his experience. I've checked this thread a few times now, but no skateboardman. I assume he started this thread to "show american trucker" up or whatever... but at least AT kept up his own threads. I won't say this is a bad thread now, cuz it still holds some cool info, but I really was hoping to hear more from skateboardman.

Lenrod Thanks this.
  9. Shadowed

Shadowed Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    go the the owner operator section.. there is a Mercer thread there too that he posts on

hup Thanks this.
  10. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Lets not get all mushy over him.

11. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

Talked to a mercer driver the other day with a very nice w900 with a desert on the side of the sleeper. Truck number 1927 and he seems to be doing very well as he said he's been with em for over 10 years now. I really liked his truck but can't figure out how to upload pics from my galaxy3 phone to the site or to my computer. Anyways very nice truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.