My experience at holland enterprises

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Mar 21, 2018.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, if you have family and other demands that require you home more frequently, it is what it is. Yes, the various features they offer and the fact they run all over and you don’t get tired of running the same lanes makes it easier to stay out for extended tours. But home time needs is really not something most are willing to give up, nor should they.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Yeah It's not a huge issue since I don't have kids or anything. It's just during this time of year into the spring are tough times up on the NY/Canadian border. Lots of prep to get ready for winter and then all the clean up in the spring. And my father isn't getting any older so I like to be around to help him out with things he needs. He burns wood for heat all winter so that right there is a big task in its self. The summer months I could care less about being home every month, just get me home for the 4th of July and I'm good.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    They see this with a lot of their drivers. Many of their drivers are well past 50 and have aging parents and they do what they can to accommodate them. I know several who only work 8-9 months a year then leave and come back, and they do this every year.

I’m going to find myself in a similar situation with my mom probably some time in the next year. Not sure what I’m going to do but will need more frequent home time and remain closer to her in NE Texas.

5. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    It really sounds like Holland truly cares for the drivers. Even the phone calls with Brett and Karla have been nice. I was explaining to Brett how I've had a Cruise to Alaska planned next year for sometime and he said not to worry I have notes here about you having planned this trip a long time ago and we will work with you to make it happen. He was even telling me that the Airport in Fargo has direct flights to Seattle (my cruise port) all the time.
    When I spoke with Karla back in July I explained to her about the fall winter and early spring months of where I live and she said it wouldn't be a problem to get me home every 3 weeks when I need to. I have seen a few Holland trucks running on US 11 right by my house through Potsdam on occasions. Probably coming from the Plattsburgh area or Burlington. So it should be all good. I've just been used to taking 4 sometimes 5 days off, very rarely 5, after being out for 3-4 weeks for a better part of a year and a half now. Usually like I said 21-25 days and 4 entire days off and I'm ready to roll again.

Hopefully they will work with you on the "regional" idea you were talking about. That would work out for you in the coming months it seems.

6. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I did a trip to UAE. Germany and Philippines.... in the last year-and-a-half.

7. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    How many days was each trip? My thing is I won't have vacation days saved up before my trip. And my trip to Alaska is about 10 days. Guess I'll have to stay out about 10 weeks to get that time off

8. Balakov100

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Close to 2 Weeks..
    1 Week
    And 2.

9. JZ80

JZ80 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Western MA.
    Home time is visiting time. Your truck is your home.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  10. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Picking up my rental car in Central Florida tomorrow morning to make the trip up to Fargo for orientation

11. Balakov100

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Jesus.
    Flying wasn't an option?

jeff18 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.