My experience in Prime's lease program so far.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Feb 2, 2018.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Texas is too dusty and hot for me.. lol

As for going elsewhere, Im still 1st year so I still owe Prime 2 months on my CDL school, but also most non mega companies require 1 to 2 years experance before they will hire you. Im just trying to maximize my 1st year earnings before I move on. My intention was to run hard till the end of the 4th quarter then take a nice long break before deciding what to do next. This arm issue screws me a bit on that so Ill have to see how it plays out, but I planned to stay a full year at Prime to cover my cdl training but also to show driver stability.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    What company would pay a newbie 2k a week? You need experience

4. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    He has six months experience. Driving brand new equipment and slow prime trucks his psp score should be good to go.

It wouldn't take a day or two of driving around Midland/Odessa before having a job. And by chance the pay isn't close to the $2,000 a week mark, being in the area he'd quickly find out where to make that money.

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I saw a report on housing there and the prices had skyrocketed for rentals if you could find anything. That's one of the problems with boom spots. People start making lots of money and more and more people come in and cost of living goes through the roof then you get stuck in a situation where you aren't making as much due to expenses.

Experience wise I'm closer to 10 months. Had 3 months of team driving, 1 month company and was in my 6th month lease. Regardless, I still have to go back to Prime for at least 2 months to satisfy my cdl training requirements.

6. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    So when your truck was broken did Prime paid you anything? for being out of service? Did they cover hotel? or you paid all yourself? Truck was under warranty? or you paid your money to repair?
    Why you need to come back to P? As far as i know you can just pay them for those 2 months that left after CDL school to reach 1 year.
    P not the one to work for, 1k a week blood sucking company. As SpriMo office guys were saying, lease gets paid as a company driver but diffirence is - Lease driver drives less.
    crocky with your attitide run run run you will make a lot of money but not at P.

7. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Well why dont you tell him where he can make enough money to cover the tuition fee + what he was making at prime

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    If you've turned your truckin already, ignore this. If you still have your truck, go talk to Pam in leasing. They have a processin place for guys that leave because of medical where you don't loose all your tire find and completion bonus you've accrued so far.

9. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Lease, rent, buy, own, whatever, no matter how you slice it. That is about $1000 a week minimum more than it should be. No with that said, if it works for you that' all that matters. Even better if it works for your plan of where you are, and where you want to be.

10. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I agree with you, however we all had to start somewhere and pay our dues into the club. The op has a plan (instead of the typical winging it) that so far seems to be working for him. Also he said his 3k per week. Is his average RUNNING expense. Meaning deduct $1-1200 from that when truck is down, or he is off duty. Still to much but $1800 is less than $3000

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.