My experience in Prime's lease program so far.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Feb 2, 2018.

1. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    What company can i get on with in oilfield straight out of cdl school

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    You have to have leased for a year before they will do that.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I was paid $2k for breakdown pay and a bit over $300 for breakdown detention. All in all I came out of the break down in ok shape aside from list revenue from not being about to run..

The reason I went to Priston was due to my arm.. My load dropped in Hazelton so I went to PA afterwards to see another doctor where I ended up in the hospital.

As far as Prime training fees, that's a bit of a sore subject with me at the moment. It doesn't matter that I left due to a injury, if I don't go back I will owe them the full price of the CDL training despite only having 2.5 months left on my contract.

They wont prorate it.. That IMO is very ####ty on their part. I could understand if it's someone who gets cdl and leaves after a few months, but having to stop working due to a injury I got while running their loads and then they still would charge me.. Well that doesn't make me real happy with them at this moment.

6. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Did you file against your owner occupational policy to help cover your medical costs and get the short term disability pay while you're out for a couple months? Since this was an on the job injury that policy should cover the costs and pay for your down time

NoBigHurry and crocky Thank this.
  7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Is that something we get as lease guys, because I dont recall getting offered anything like that.

8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yes, it's a required insurance that all lease ops must have. If you look on your settlement you should see a charge for around $32-38/week called occ acc I think. Read through your operating agreement with new prime inc. and you'll find towards the back of that agreement the insurance information. It's a $1 million dollar policy you have.

NoBigHurry and crocky Thank this.
  9. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Ok, ty for the tip, I have that charge each week but didn't realize it was insurance.

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You were paying a $150 a month for something that you didn't know what it was? :)

jeff18, NoBigHurry, Opus and 2 others Thank this.
  11. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Most guys there have no clue what half the stuff on their settlement is. Granted you need a decoder ring to figure it out or find someone that knows how to read it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.