My experience in Prime's lease program so far.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Feb 2, 2018.

1. guaranaChicago

guaranaChicago Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Hello. I am trying to find a small company that will offer me lease to purchase program but the problem is that I have 9 months of OTR experience, and majority of companies are asking 1-2 years of experience.
    I did ~70.000 miles already with 0 accidents (clean CDL), and I am more than eager to work and to make money, but I don't want to drive as a company driver making only $1500 a week. PM me if you are interested so we can both make good money long term. Thanks

freebirdnca Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Why ... ?

4. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Because your Prime Inc is big pile of s...it, grinder for dumb people.How can you do a lease and getting only 1200$ per week before taxes??? Office, dispatchers, sales, brokers, cafeteria etc etc they all like leaches feeding itself off drivers, their salary comes from drivers, parasites.Thats why at Prime salary is only 1200$ for lease driver. Because all money are routed other way.
    I wish all drivers quit Prime.

5. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    whoa! you cant be serious? Their refrigerated lease drivers make 1600-2200 (net income)

6. IrreverentCrawfish

IrreverentCrawfish Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2017
    'Merica
    I think that both the estimates of what we make leasing at Prime are overly simplified. I lease at Prime, and there are weeks that I've blown the top estimates given on this thread out of the water and there are other weeks I've come out owing Prime a few hundred dollars. What many people seem to ignore when either praising or bashing Prime's lease program is that there are only about 12 bazillion variables (freight rates, location, fuel prices, competence of a particular driver, etc.) that go into how much a particular driver makes at a given time, and most of those variables would come into play for any independent contractor or owner operator in the trucking industry, regardless of who they were working with.

7. trucker28truck

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Refer lease drivers make between 0 and whatever happens.Average lease Prime driver makes 1300 per week before taxes, that is official prime stats. Only person with down syndrome will work at Prime.

8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    :eek:wow you managed to insult Prime drivers and the handicapped with one post. Good job :rolleyes:

9. mr truckdriver

mr truckdriver Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    ft myers fl
    Everybody is different you don't like Prime we get it. So why are we bashing drivers for the choices they made in their career path. It's kinda like watching someone back in a tight spot and instead of getting off your duff and helping him it's easier to talk trash on the CB.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. trucker28truck

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    I do not insult nobody, that the way you taking it.Prime treated me like person with down syndrome, how about out of 16 months with prime, i had 13 weeks salaries between negative -350 and just 400 dolars take home cheque, and i delivered 4-5 loads that weeks. I always delivered loads but salary never there. Only 17 weeks i made over 2000 per week, and only 5 weeks i made over 3000 per week.14 weeks i made between 500 and 1000 a week, and the rest of it was between 1000-2000 per week take home. So is this great company hell no, is this company care about driver? hell no. And btw Prime every single week deducted from my truck every penny. So even if you pass all medical after working at Prime you will be diagnosed with down syndrome.
    Greed through the roof, not only they make money from the truck you lease, they take money away from your loads to feed those brokers etc in offices.
    Terrible experience, i regret i ever started PSD with Prime(was not great either) just lost 16 month of my life, working like a dog with no money.1100 a week before taxes it is a madhouse and they brainwash everyone about Prime family etc. My family is at home, Prime was a job nothing more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.