My experience with A&R Transport BEGINS...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cutty1107, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Iwllnotlaydown

Iwllnotlaydown Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Thanks to both of you , i need a challenge so that's good , but bottom line is the money , A&R really take care of their Drivers , in today's world that's rare , I know it's not like 20 years ago , but , with CSA and stuff it's hard for Companies , at least they screen for good drivers , ( guess I slipped thru, ) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    hey i got a few questions for y'all. I pull bulk tanker hauling lime and cement. i see A&R trucks all the time and my question is this: what is the little tank on the rear of some of your trailers? Is it a vacum type trailer? I also have heard that when you are unloading plastic that melting the plastic is a possibility. So do you guys unload the front hopper first so the heat dosent melt the plastic? I was looking into A&R about three years ago and still might be interested. thanks in advance

4. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah that's the cyclone for vac loading and yes melting is possible but most of our trailers are equipped with air to air coolers. Also unloading at low psi reduces heat.

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  5. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    North Bama , this Monday I start in Springfield , can't freaking wait , hope to maybe bump into you you some time!

6. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    That's Great good luck and maybe I will see you around.

7. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Thanks , it would have to be a crazy super storm , a hurricane and a Artic front stalling over our area in Ct , Ny , Ma , to start my first day ! Should be fun ,LMFAO

8. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Today first day at A&R during the day the mega storm hit we loaded locally , great trainer , I must admit I like this place and it will be a challenge , being I did freight and grocery past 20 years but it's a good fit !!

9. Cutty1107

Cutty1107 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    great! yea what a week to start with that storm comin in huh, lol hopefully it wont be to bad up that way for you.....

10. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    We got thru ok , but to have a company care more about their employees families was a shocker , after we loaded , we were sent home , and from my ride home all I saw was my old job up and down the highway , it was too funny !

11. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    What's the best way to get an app looked at? I haven't faxed it over yet. I called recruiting, and left a message yesterday. Haven't heard anything back yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.