My experience with A & R Transport...Joliet,IL

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rhughegg, Mar 3, 2012.

1. slider12345

slider12345 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Good info everyone. I will be starting with them here in a few weeks after my son is born and I have some time with him and my wife. Seems like a pretty good group. Any new updates on home time and stuff like that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cutty1107

Cutty1107 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Any more new info??? Ill b starting with A&R next week.. Im excited i just hope this move to them works out for me...

4. Iwllnotlaydown

Iwllnotlaydown Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Guys thank you ! I start October , 29th and will be out of Springfield ,Ma terminal I researched this Company and did like what I saw , I have been a grocery hauler and freight hauler for almost all the twenty years I have been driving , my son is serving our Country and I just couldn't take working at Bozzutos in Cheshire , CT any longer I left there to hopefully end my career at A&R and reading your posts makes me feel like I did the right thing , I hope to someday say hello in person , and look forward to reading more and allowing me to chime in from time to time !!

5. OhioHotshot

OhioHotshot Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Cleveland,Ohio
    I worked there for 6 years, what a waste of my time and energy.. They have been going dwn hill for the last few years, they just got brought out for the second time, this time it was a complete buy out, this new investment firm is going to suck them dry.. They have been chopping heads for the last few weeks there firing the regional managers and department heads like crazy.. And they only guys that where making 67-70 grand they where living in there trucks out in the system or you where a favorite, yep the good ole boy network was alive and kicking @ good old A/R.. Even the pretty trucks don't make up for the hassle of this job, this was definitely a hustle job, alot of work for not equal pay. If you really add it up the pay equals between .36-41 per mile, depending on where you were on the pay scale.. I heard they dropped the starting pay down a few cents.. The work slowed way down @ my terminal with guys fighting for the good loads, it got very tiring and if you get out in the system, they would bring you back to help out, and run a b.s. local load not paying d... I know its like over there if you need a ? answered I will do my best to help anyone out.. But like I say, I dont think they will be around much longer, especially when a investment company takes over, they have one thing on there minds most times.... How much money can they suck the company for..

6. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ohiohotshot, you are correct sir... ive been here 6 months myself and ive had enough myself.. This is my last week here comin up.. Not enough money and im tired of speaking up and not gettin what I need! Ive hung in there long as I could and I got other options lined up..

7. OhioHotshot

Oct 21, 2012
    Cleveland,Ohio
    I glad u responded to my post, I went backand read it and it sounded kind of cry babyish but it is the truth.. I trained alot of guys that didnt stay 6 months.. I was out of the Cleveland terminal.. Who r u getting on with if i may ask?

8. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hey no problem.... Yea I could c how that may sound to some people.. But this is coming from actual drivers here.. Less than 6, wow! I planned at least 1 year but money I need jus isnt here like I was told and cant take it no more.. Job aint really bad def good n bad days for sure.. Im goin back to some real drivin n gettin miles in! No more short #### lol goin to Van Wyk outta IA.. Small reefer company.. Theres a good thread on here to, check em out...

9. OhioHotshot

Oct 21, 2012
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Im with fcc going on 4 months, running a dedicated out of Ft Wayne to Pa.. I was running Fall River,Wi to Pa. Man I should have come here from the begining. U couldnt ask for a better set up the money is very good also, its consistant not up and dwn.. Its first class operation all the way.

10. oldyankee

oldyankee Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2010
    NC
  11. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Kool, glad it worked out for you.. Lol there is life after A&R!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.