my experience with Ashley Distribution

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by shogun, Sep 15, 2010.

1. PapaBear1961

PapaBear1961 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    from the time you graduated and applied w/Ashley, how long did it take you to hear from them? I applied for a job in Tenn and have over 18 years experience w/clean MVR, etc. and haven't heard from them. In the application they state NOT to call them to check on employment but I'm also quite impatient and just wonder how long it took?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    Ashley has an ad in our local paper. I got some of my questions answered from the transportation dept. in Arcadia. Thinking about sending in an app but curious on a couple of things. I'm used to physical work and like to stay in shape. How physical is the LTL job...mostly wondering how heavy is the lifting? Are they consistent on the home time..back Friday and out Monday AM? How tight are the delivery schedules? Can a person really do $65+/year? Any one with info would be helpfull.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  4. BigHomie030

BigHomie030 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    This job sounds good to me. I didnt know that Ashley paid that well or that they even had that much business. I dont mind moving furniture for a livivng as long as the pay is that good.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Think about lumping king size mattresses all day long!:biggrin_2551:

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    or a triple dresser.......

7. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    I dont think they do mattresses. Lots of sofas,chairs,dressers,china cabinets,etc. I have a cousin who drives for them, out of Miss. It is a good job, if you dont mind tailgating. He made 80k last year. Home every weekend and some weeknights. they run legal, no running over 70hrs. he averages 1500 to1700 a week, with excellent benefits.

trucker43 and Big Don Thank this.
  8. BigHomie030

BigHomie030 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    I dont see how they make that much. I just spoke to a recruiter for them and she told me the start off at 34cpm. So that doesnt add upto me. And your out 7-10 days averaging 2500 miles a week

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Mes thinking you hump alot of couches and dinning room tables to make up the difference.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    The stop pay and unload pay cover allot of it. Remember what the original poster said, most loads are multi stop loads.
    That is one misconception that the large carriers like to push, is that more miles always equals more pay. This is not always the case. Working for a private fleet, many times the pay and perks are not in the mileage rate column. But in other places. And the company's that pay the best mileage rates will not have all the extra pays, nor will they normally have the miles. So you end up making around the same money as when you were running more miles for less.
    Come into it with an open mind. The money is in private fleets like Ashley, Walmart, Perdue, and other retail or product producing company's private fleets. Not in truckload.

orutra113 and trucker43 Thank this.
  11. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    Very true. the guy I talked to told me their per mile pay is low. The $ add up because of the stop pay and unload pay.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.