My experience with Dynamic Transit

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by hotrod1653, Jan 6, 2018.

1. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    They are putting on APU's on the New Trucks we are currently getting in. I forget how many more Fred ordered but I believe the number is 60 more brand new Peterbilts. You'd only be in a 386 until a 389 becomes available. I wouldn't worry to much about the detention pay. As long as you are on time you can usually get something. Just communicate with the dispatcher.

Bumper, Lonesome and Rugerfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I’m pretty certain they are my go to option if chemicals doesn’t workout. I did some math and at .55 a mile for base mileage pay I can make about 71-75 a year on 2900 miles average a week and that’s at 48 weeks a year worked.

stormy379 Thanks this.
  4. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Thanks Stormy..Please tell me about your typical freight lanes...layover time, detention time. If I made this move, the only terminal they have is about 1600 miles away...but they will hire me. I am struggling with the distance between their terminal and my home and I have to find a place to park the rig when I'm at home. I really have enjoyed all the videos on Youtube and I don't believe their drivers are professional actors...these are real drivers and they are happy. I don't want to work for a company that tells me when it's safe to run. I insist that I have that decision...( I won't become another casualty on the 80 in Wyoming). I have done that route the past 2 two years. I don't mind, but I want to decide when it's safe or not. Any advice you can provide is most welcomed.

stormy379 Thanks this.
  5. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Thanks Ruger, but I'm getting a little long in the tooth to do LTL.

6. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Sorry to Ruger...I posted to the wrong recipient. So to jtaran....No thanks on the LTL. I'm getting a little to old for that stuff. I don't want to tailgate or deal with the freight. Just don't. Thanks

Bumper Thanks this.
  7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Its linehaul. Extra board. Terminal to terminal drop hook. Dont touch a thing. 500-600 miles a day bobtail to hotel. End of week go home.

8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Got approved to work for Dynamic. Not sure I’m going to make the jump, but they know that. Would be mid January before anything happens

stormy379 Thanks this.
  9. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    We run A Lot of freight to the Northwest. Getting home shouldn't be a problem at all. Not sure where you would park the truck through. Truck stop if one is close to you. Don't worry about them telling you when it's Safe for You to drive. You are in control of the truck. Any issues just contact safety. I don't usually need to ask for detention pay because most places will have you out in 4 hrs or less. If it takes longer just write it down on your paperwork but tell your dispatcher before hand. As long as you communicate with the office you shouldn't have any issues. I recommended a guy to be hired on here and he did over 20,000 miles in 6 weeks I believe he said. Really is a good company.

Omega1 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    How are they on routing and fuel stops? Can do decide at all which way you want to run if it’s reasonable? Everyone says they are a big boy company so I’m curious what they decide for you, and what they allow you to do

Omega1 and stormy379 Thank this.
  11. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    We have designated fuel stops at the Loves and some of Sapp Brothers. Depending upon the state you're only allowed a certain amount of gallons per fuel stop. but if you run into an issue just call the company and they will turn on a fuel stop for you. They have never told me which way to run or how I should run. That is my job may leave that up to me. Of course I tried to go the quickest and shortest route at all possible.

Omega1 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.