My Experience With KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Scarecrow03, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Mrgreen09

Mrgreen09 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Irvine,Ky
    Can you buy a truck through KLLM or lease from them? OR, is it better to go to a dealer to get a truck? My goal is to get back to being a O\O one day..:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boethel

Boethel Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    LaGrange, Texas
    I am interested in KLLM, enjoyed what i have read here of the past 50+ pages. My question is how are things now, to date, with those of you that have posted in the past, i see that alot are posts from 09 and such. Just would like to know how things are presently.

BTW: i have been driving for 20years with the last 4 OTR, i notice that there are alot of Grads posting, nothing wrong with that; every one has to start somewhere, would just like to hear from people who have a few years experience. Thank y'all your your time.

4. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    You don't like KLLM's "golden mule"

5. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    I'm sure currently but in years past you could but a new truck thru KLLM. Basically the truck you would buy would be added onto the order of new trucks. Not sure now, as the trucks KLLM gets are on a lease/purchase contract.
    Their is currently a lease purchase program that the company started a few years back. If you run it is a good program I've heard. Remember that you will be in the category of a contractor not an employee. There are many differences.
    Currently management wants to go to 80% o-o.

6. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land

I like the Gold trucks better. The white begins to really look sloppy after a year or so. Lots of dirt and grime, plus the usual grey stains from mechanic hand prints. The Gold really looks good, compared to the old white trucks.

7. deputydog154

deputydog154 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I have been thinking about changing trucking companies and have been looking at KLLM. Just would like to have some info on how they are to work for and how the Southeast Regional is to run. I am not sure about the percentage pay never been paid that way so if anyone knows how that is I would love some info on that as well. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

8. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    First off, I have never worked for KLLM so take my advice with a grain of salt. But if you're an experienced driver, why would you want to join a company that is in obvious financial trouble? Lots of companies out there to choose from that are in good health.

9. deputydog154

Nov 4, 2010
    I only have about 10 months of experence and I have been looking around but all the companies that seem to want me are as big as KLLM. I would love to go to a company that is smaller and knows me by my name and not a number so I am up for some suggestions if anyone has another company. I have nothing on my DAC, nothing on my criminal records or my regular driving record is also clean.

10. deputydog154

Nov 4, 2010
    Hey there RT KllM has been calling me wanting me to come to work for them and so far they seem to be pretty good from the way the recuiter talks but then when I read all of the post here I am scared that they are going down hill. I was looking at the southeast regional run so that I could be home a little more often. I know that you are an o/o but can you help me out here I am so confused as to where to go. I have been working for Swift and I know that some company out there has to be better then them. I am also not sure about the percentage pay how is that if you know about it. Any help that you can provide me would be greatly appricated.

11. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    I can say this from my time at KLLM. The Southeast Regional guys were always tired, and constantly complained about not making enough money. Most of them were wanting to go on OTR and get away from Atlanta and the Regional program. Personally, if I were to go back to KLLM, it would by OTR. As far as the Lease Program. I didn't like what I was seeing on the lease with rising Truck Payments, lowering the milage payments, etc. You would have to be suicidal in my opinion to go Southeast Regional and also go on the lease program. But only psycotic to go on the Regional program as a company driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.