My experience with Knight Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Smaggs, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I heard all year that they're going to pave Lakeland yard... That lot is still made out of sugar.

I'm doing alright. Got a different truck. I'm at home for one day, since my receiver isn't open on weekends. I'll be in West Sacramento, CA on Monday. Leaving my home in Phoenix tomorrow morning. Hoping to go to the Petro at Wheeler Ridge just north of Grapevine... I want a Chipotle burrito!

I'm going to play some computer games, knock out laundry and hopefully wash my truck :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You guys like how I got my Knight Qualcomm to say SMAGGS? LOL

4. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    By the way. June 6th, 2012 marks my one year with Knight. My other school buddy finished his year yesterday. He's on the fence wether or not to continue with Knight. He doesn't seem to be happy at all.

I've been working hard with my new dispatcher to keep myself rolling and I have to say I'm always happy when I'm not idle. I've also succeeded in keeping my idle time below 10% so far this quarter.

I'm still on the fence about staying with Knight longer-term. Plus, I think I'll be moving to Pittsburgh in July.

5. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    I just got done with OTR trainer for a week and local at Knight. They only had me doing local for one day not a week. Take road test Mon for hard copy CD then four weeks with another trainer. God I wanna get in my own truck and be done with this. I have five yrs OTR but since I let my cdl lapse gotta start like a newbie...sucks but good to be out on the road again.

6. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well... I find it to be a huge advantage to roll with a trainer with a different company. Gives you a chance to see the specific differences between Knight now and what you used to do. Plus, it will be over before you know it and you will have the rest of your time with Knight to be solo. That's what got me through it. I prefer solitude. I sleep better, too.

I'm glad I rolled with a trainer, so I could see how he handled certain things and it really gave me a good chance to get to know Knight's Qualcomm system. When I got my own truck a year ago, I hit the ground running!

7. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A little off topic... I just purchased and installed a pair of Firestick 4" antennae with the tunable tips on my Volvo. Totally took care of my horrible SWR readings! The antennae Knight uses are horrible... the white ones with the red tips are bad... the black ones with the visible copper coils are okay, though.

Just wanted to share for those who drive a volvo and really want to use their CB without blowing their power stage.

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    how did you manage to chance your qualcomm name to smaggs?

9. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    My local trainer changed his Qualcomm to FRENCHY ....don't know how tho. Smaggs yea I know I gotta go thru it all over again....hate it tho. My local trainer here in Phx was blown away....told me almost all of his students are afraid to go above 50mph on the freeway....me I set cruise at 65 and were cruising. Told me was like a co-driver not a newbie. Gave me excellent scores with head honchos at Squire. Tomorrow road test then back out. I am thinking of training some when I go out. I am gonna do reefer in the 11 western states. Not really worried bout whole lotta miles at this point. Wife makes a lot of money at her job and we don't pay rent or utilities. Her job included all that.

10. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    on the QuailComm main screen, hit Sign into QC and type whatever you want it apears on the screen...This is for the old style QC

For the newer ones just go threw every menu you'll find it...You CANT hurt your QC so just play with it

American Trucker

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Ain't THAT the truth! They ought to make the entire rig out of whatever the hey the QC is made of...dang near indestructable!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.