My experience with Knight Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Smaggs, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yup. Do one every month. Didn't get 27,500 miles for the quarter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SlaveOf18Wheels

SlaveOf18Wheels Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I keep looking for your tractor # as lately I've been working with Ruan/Frys down on 99th..see a lot of Knight in the yard as well as up and down the street.

4. two tone

two tone Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2011
    San Diego Ca.
    so as a new guy, your not averaging 2400 miles a week, does Knight have team drivers?

5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Imagine that! You didn't turn enough miles to get your bonus? Does anyone else see the obvious here? I worked for Knight for 11 months and not matter I did, the freight always seemed to dry up at the end of the month so Kevin, Randy, and Larry never had to pay me a bonus!

6. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Really, Smaggs? Thats not very good. I've been getting less than that at Conway. Actually resigned today because of this. And I had a perfect safety and performance record with them. Money so bad, I'm losing my house and I can barely pay bills for family other than food and heat. I've actually been considering KR. Now ya got me thinking twice about it. I have to admit, I've been talking to other KR drivers and they are all saying that the miles are good. Are they just a bunch of Orks?

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Choosing Knight will be a mistake!

8. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    The guys you are talking about are 5-10 year vets who had it good when it was good, but are the only ones who have it good now because of their seniority..

Smaggs Thanks this.
  9. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    oh yeah, that's right, you did end up sitting for a long time and got some skitty runs that quartar.. maybe next quartar will be betta.. i always forget to let my driver development manager know i did the classes so he can give me credit. and that's usually why i miss mine. well the beginning of the year is almost passed so hopefully freight picks back up to how it was back in June.

10. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My favorite knight-ism.

They refuse to let me have a day off. I get a call right when I get home "we have a truck shortage, do us this favor".

Then I get stick in California with "no available loads" to get me rolling.

11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Next time tell them to hire more drivers and stop wasteing time calling you. if that dont work just dont answer when they call while your at home

American Trucker

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.