My experience with Knight Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Smaggs, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You will never get local work from Knight. They reserve those positions for people that have been with Knight for many years. Trust me, I've met drivers begging for local for years and not getting it. I've even met Squire drivers that think they're going to get local work somehow.

I don't know what SLC terminal is like to work out of, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on finding local work... not even if you have 30 years experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedDirtDriver

RedDirtDriver Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Good thread Smaggs, honest and informative. I notice Knight has a terminal listed in Oklahoma on their map. Did not notice an address for it. Where is that terminal located?

4. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    http://www.knighttrans.com/about/locations

5. landlord

landlord Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    chicago il
    is this elog #### for knight a requirement? i hate elogs just like every other real driver should!! and i heard reefer stays rollin on the road!!! true??

6. Blackadder47

Blackadder47 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Eugene, Or

Wow, I must not be a real driver then. :biggrin_25526:

I love it when people get on here and try to tell everybody else what they "should" be doing.

Here is my view on elogs, rookie: The company I drive for chooses to have elogs and I choose to drive for them (for now). If I'm not happy with elogs, I can go somewhere else. Understand how that works?

1026 Thanks this.
  7. RedDirtDriver

RedDirtDriver Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
  8. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm ready to go home for a few days. Worn out. Been driving for a month. Nice to have cash!

9. blukatnga

blukatnga Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Warwick, Ga
    Smaggs, I'm a newbie who is spending a lot of time reading and researching this forum. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog. I've read them all. I am very happy for you as you seem to be "settling in" and finally getting some breaks bro. I am considering Knight Refrigerated or Central Ref. when I finish CDL training in May. I just finished HVACR school and one of my longer term goals is to get my contractor's licencse to work residential in Georgia. You have to document 4 years of experience in the HVACR industry and I'm thinking I could kill two birds with one stone, that is scratch my itch for driving and log experience in the refrigerated industry. Once again, I'm very happy that your fortunes have turned a bit !! Be safe young man and hang in there as you have certainly been inspirational for me and others too !!

10. landlord

landlord Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    chicago il
    if u think its fair to drive 20 miles sit for 7 hours and have your 14 burned the #### out then like i said: u cannot be a REAL driver. how the freak can u make money like that? paper is always the way to go. but if your LAZY then yea do elog...

11. CrossEyedArmadillo

CrossEyedArmadillo Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    yup, was driving my pick em up truck Saturday night on hwy 58 by the loves truck stop in Tehachapi CA look over at the parking lot its full because these city slickers have there toy hauler trailers and pick ups taking up at least 6 spots Parking side ways x two,I have had my cdl since 1995 I used to pick up rental equipment for my fathers company for fill in work, back in August I submitted a application with central refer I was good to go and I had to cancel, work has really slowed down to a crawl in this town so I might be talking to central again if things don't change, I tried Knight back in Aug but I needed a refresher course, but did not have the money for it, I really like all your post Stay Safe,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.