My experience with May Trucking

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by liteguy, Mar 29, 2010.

1. kstormy1979

kstormy1979 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Jackson Hole , Wyoming
    Hey , liteguy , I still think you got a chance of getting a local trucking gig in Boise . Long story short , I trained otr with Central Ref back in 2006 , then got asked to leave a month later , for punching my trainner in the mouth after he touched me in the wrong place. Went back to eastern Idaho , found a local driving job for a lumber company , all I did for 4yrs, was deadhead to SLC, Ut , drop empty p/u loaded , head back to Idaho Falls , home every night , felt pretty lucky , until I got layed off last year, now I just haul spuds , grain , beets , with a KW900 & a quad axle trl part time. Look hard have , some hope , if your still in Idaho , theres alot to be hauled out there even if it means you have to sit in a 10 wheel grain truck , just going from from the farm to elevator , its experience behind the wheel . I still think you can find a local trucking gig with limited experience , even if its a warehouse / driver job , you should go for it , because that is actually how I got started with the lumber yard , first month I was the yard ##### , I showed the bosses I wasnt afraid of hard work , after that they threw me in a truck with a driver for 3 days , the next day my new position was heavy haul truck driver , Crazy , hard work does pay off (every now and then ). So just keep on searching it is possible , theres no impossible when your job searching . Good Luck
    Well time to smoke a bowl , Im on vacation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. liteguy

liteguy Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks kstormy1979, I'm being real careful not to take the wrong job. If I get into a bad company,and there's alot of those, I don't want to quit and have it go on my DAC. I think thing are changing slowly though, the economy will get better and this new CSA 2010 will improve things for drivers that have a clean background. Good luck and thanks for the good words~Liteguy

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Wish you may drivers would disconnect those dam back up alarms. Very annoying to hear it when im trying to sleep.

5. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

AND YOU THINK WE LIKE THEM? DISCONNECT ONE AND GET CAUGHT AND ITS THE " FIRING SQUAD "....plus
    termination or worse.

6. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    and may isnt the only one thats got them take a look around alot of co have them...:biggrin_2559:

7. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    Have you ever seen a tired driver walking through a parking lot late in the night get hit by a "super trucker" who is to cool to leave his lights on or idle across the lot. I have, several times. I understand your need to sleep as well as my own. However I would never leave the comment that you have because it is simply rude and selfish. That alarm has kept many a sleepy drivers from walking behind me while I'm backing.

NorthWest Wonder Thanks this.
  8. HAULIN357

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    and some of them #### things are on the trailer!!!

9. HAULIN357

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    hey trucker steve long time no see!!

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Whats rude and selfish about getting some sleep? If I don't sleep Im an unsafe driver on the roads. May is only putting alarms on there trucks to save a couple bucks on there insurance.

11. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    i hate backup alarms!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.