My experience with PAM

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dixiegypsy, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    PAM offered me 180 a day for a 600 mile run. 30 cents a mile. Thrilling!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Is that a dedicated run?
    How long have you been driving ?

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Yep. I have years of experience but only 15 months in the last 3 years.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. Scruppy

Scruppy Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Wow so here’s what my experience with Pam was like. First it started with the school I was sent too. I didn’t get the time I needed to really know how to drive. The head instructor had a bias toward certain people. If you were white, gay or a women you were going to get shafted. I ended up passing my test on my first try though which made him infuriated. Then started actually driving with my trainer. Who yelled and cussed me like a dog for not being the nasty driver he was. I got yelled at for taking a shower, for not being able to blindside, and even for following his directions. Needless to say I didn’t upgrade because he taught me nothing. I was placed with another trainer and he blew me away. Made sure I knew the job inside and out and got me upgrade ready in just a week. I’m still in contact with him 3 years later. And then my teaming experience. For the first 6 months it was awesome. Me and my teammate were very close and worked great together. Our dispatcher worked us hard and we made the money. After our 6 months we both desided to try the single life and that’s when #### hit the fan for the both of us. We never got runs. Sat for days on yards waiting for a small 400 mile run or 1300 mile runs setup for teams which were impossible for a solo driver to make on time. Which resulted in screaming matches with dispatch. The truck I was placed in as a solo driver wasn’t a new one. And it was in the shop every week. After two months of solo they made me a trainer and I upgraded 3 students and then they tried to give me my 4th but kept me up in new York so long(she was in Atlanta) that she got tired of waiting and quit. And they blamed me for it. I stayed till my year and a little over. My last straw was when I told them I had a custody hearing about be coming a legal gaurdian to a kid I’ve raised since he was 3 and I need to be home for the court date. Gave them 2 months notice. And the week of the court date they stuck me in Laredo for 3 days. And the. Thought I could make it to Ohio in a day for the hearing. I told them every day the week before I needed to make it home. But they really didn’t care. So I dropped the truck in Indy and never went back. I did recommend a driver when I was driving team. And they did him even dirtier and he quit 3 months in. I would never tell someone to go work with them. Give it time. There true colors will show.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.