My Experience with Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Artisanchain, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Avidchimp

Avidchimp Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Sorry you have had the issues you have, but Pride really is one of the few "big" companies that is fair and reasonable with its drivers. I admittedly don't have the issues you have described, but I think in this day and age, the sleep apnea issue is going to be more commonplace. Remember, Safety/insurance is driving the "train" nowadays. Jeff and Jay really are pretty fair owners, and they really do care for their drivers.
    And no, I am not a current employee, just a former who really enjoyed my time there.

luv2drive365 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    Hmmmm..... I sense a lot of irresponsibility and blaming of others for your own lack of actions.

I assume the ice cream load had the reefer set at -10 through -20?

So..... you get done driving for the day and you perform a post-trip inspection of your equipment. At this time, you would check reefer temp, reefer alarms (if any), and reefer fuel.

Now, you're in Sleeper Berth for a ten-hour reset.

So.... tell us a little more about this so-called equipment malfunction? Please do enlighten us with the "equipment malfunction" that you so write? What kind of "equipment malfunction" did you encounter?

Please do inform all of us about the "crap equipment" that you so blame for your lack of actions and firing?

The general terminology of "crap equipment" doesn't quite paint a clear picture and in speaking on behalf of the other readers of your post, we would like to have a better understanding.

So please..... do tell us more!!! We're all waiting!!

4. Avidchimp

Avidchimp Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2010
    When I was under an ice cream load, I ALWAYS ran it on continuous when on my break so if the refeer took a dump, I would wake up. Same deal with Costco fresh meat loads. If any company takes care of its equipment better than most, it is Pride.

5. DRHinSATX

DRHinSATX Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Texas

Sorry for the delay, but I don't get in here often. The answer to your questions....

If memory serves me correctly, this was a few years back, it was a -10 on continuous. Load was picked up in Newark Ca going to Clackamas Or. This is early July. Stopped in Anderson Ca to sleep. All was well on post trip. Upon waking up load was at +60, no alarms and refer was still set at -10. Called in, got sent to Thermoking in Redding Ca where it was determined that there was a malfunctioning thermostat. Made sure paperwork from Thermoking documented issue and no driver error. Was directed by dispatch to deliver. Upon arrival, first thing they receiver did was climb across the top of load to get the tattletale, which told the story. The ice cream was soft. The load was refused. Insurance adjuster shows up later that day and asks me what happened. I told him and showed him the paperwork. I end up sitting on this load over the July 4th holiday weekend and then took it to a dump in Eastern Or. Dryers would not allow anything to be done with it except for it to be destroyed.

Was then dispatched thru SLC on a load heading further east. Upon arrival at yard Daddy England is in the driver room running his mouth how a driver cost the company X dollars because they had to destroy the load and insurance wasn't going to cover it. Daddy England retreats upstairs to his office in a huff and I go to driver coordinators office to express my displeasure at being blamed for their equipment malfunction. I was told it would be resolved.

A week later i was dispatched thru the yard out of the bay area. I was met at the gate and asked for my fuel card and to come inside to see the driver coordinator. I was told that I was being terminated because of the Dryers load. I objected and was told that I was "too honest" with insurance adjuster.

I do find it interesting that both people who have questioned my post live in the SLC area. If you think you know something about my so called "pi$$ poor attitude" so state your reasoning and identify yourself. Hiding behind a screen name is cowardly at best.

6. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    That AC dude totally sounds like a company man that had something to do with the matter because a company driver for another outfit or even Pride most likely wouldn't of given a #### to demand all of that info from you.

7. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Who fired you? Steve S. ? Sorry for all the Monday morning quarterbacks on here.

8. londog71

londog71 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2011
    barons city utah
    LoL I remember my friend that works for Pride for 9 year's told me about a driver that showed up at they're driver appreciation day's said that when he pulled in he had liquid pouring out of his trailer and Jeff,Jay walk over and the driver , he says to them that I couldn't sleep so I shut the reefer off, I couldn't imagine the look on Jeff's face... it was an ice cream load.. hopefully that wasn't your case? I thought vs so I asked two other pride driver's and they both said it happened LMAO..

9. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Can you imagine if that was him. Oh man that must have been too much.

10. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Man, that is some funny stuff right there.

11. DRHinSATX

DRHinSATX Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Texas
    Crickett Campbell

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.