My Experience with Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Artisanchain, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DRHinSATX

DRHinSATX Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Texas
    No, that was not me. That is worthy of termination.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRHinSATX

DRHinSATX Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Texas

Agreed, that is why I called him out.

4. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    You see, unlike the majority of you..... I do care and CANNOT stand outside the fire when people like the original poster (OP) post negative comments against their employer, and blames their former employer for their lack of responsibility.

Further, I cannot stand people like you, BackIsSore - who so diligently calls me out as being a so-called "company man" because I call to truth.

As a driver for ANY company, I have the responsibility to ensure that the load is tendered, safe and secured. That means that I am responsible for the load. Further, it means that I have and use my due diligence to ensure that ALL matters of my responsibility are set in place.

First of all, OP writes of discontent back in August 2013. I respond to OP's remarks in August 2013. The OP just barely responded May 2014.

So.... it takes OP a period of almost nine months to respond, state and defend himself...... on the basis that OP "doesn't get on here much"? Yet, after writing response and receiving "kudos" from the likes of you, BackIsSore..... suddenly it seems that OP is on here all the time!!

Second, OP uses the quizzical and non-responsible statement of, "If memory serves me right...." What kind of statement is this??!! If memory served ME right, I'd have me a threesome with Taylor Swift and Sandra Bullock!! What sort of memory is the OP not providing?? What sort of memory could the OP be missing?? What the hell sort of memory does the OP have in making this particular, odd and quizzical statement??

Third, OP indicates that pickup was at Newark, CA (San Francisco area) with a stop at Anderson, CA (Northern California) in early July. OP indicates that a post-trip was performed..... meaning that the -10 degrees was still in check. Yet, OP indicates that upon waking, the load reefer temperature was at +60. Really?? +60 degrees??!! From -10 to +60 with NO warning, with NO indication from the reefer unit whatsoever??

Further, OP indicates that ThermoKing (TK) diagnosed the problem as a "malfunctioning thermostat" and had TK document that it WAS NOT driver error.

Okay..... OF COURSE a malfunctioning thermostat would never be a driver error. It's a mechanical device. BUT, a malfunction of a thermostat IS NOT something that either operates, or doesn't operate. It is a MECHANICAL DEVICE, operated by temperature changes. A thermostat IS NOT an electrical device that suddenly stops working. Therefore, SOME INDICATION of mechanical malfunction of the thermostat would have HAD to be recognized at post-trip, IF a post trip would have been conducted, or IF the driver were competent, sane, available, or otherwise present..... the OP would have realized that the reefer WAS NOT at proper operating condition.

TK writes that the thermostat is not a driver error. Of course..... the driver / OP had nothing to do with the thermostat failure. It is a mechanical device. Mechanical devices have a tendency to fail after a certain period of time. If the OP had drained all of the oil from the reefer engine and filled the engine block with water, TK could indicate that it was, in fact, driver error.

In simplistic terms, the mechanical thermostat would have kept the temperature at its "best" but could not have catastrophically failed from -10 to +60 in a period of a ten-hour reset.

Additionally, as any fleet should have, Pride Transport has satellite installed on their trailers and their reefers. Thus, if the box temperature were to have increased above a certain point above the -10 set point..... a phone call would have been made to the OP, or a message would have been sent to the OP via the DriverTech system.

Based upon statements made by OP, it is my opinion that OP didn't care, wasn't present, or a valid combination of both. There are too many redundant "self-checks" within the system to have had a complete meltdown failure of ice cream from a -10 temperature reading to a +60 temperature reading in a period of a ten-hour reset...... due ALL IN BLAME toward Pride Transport's equipment, by the OP.

Last, but not least...... directed SOLELY to you: BackIsSore - YOU have the audacity to hide behind YOUR words of a screen name and allege that I had "something to do with the matter...."???!!! If YOU had any sense of investigation, any sense of thinking before you write, or any sense whatsoever - you would find that I hired onto Pride Transport some time of last year. OP indicates through "memory serving...... happened a few years ago". So...... TELL ME?? You're about a brilliant light bulb, aren't you?? Did ya forget to count your cattle before ya called yourself a cowboy..... or did ya just forget that ya had no cattle???

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    So..... call me out. What's up??

towtrucker Thanks this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I would disagree, a refrigeration thermostat CAN, or CAN NOT operate. It can fail, and not turn the unit on.

7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Don't bother with them, AC. Just people with nothing to say. OOPS!! I must be a company Man too, because I'm defending you.

Snowshoes and AchioteCoyote Thank this.
  8. DRHinSATX

DRHinSATX Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Texas

I was not the OP. Someone named Artisanchain, who has a whole 8 postings was. You selectively chose my post to get involved with. You see youngin, before you started driving trucks refer units didn't communicate, were not tracked by electronic means and were nothing more than a refrigerator or freezer on wheels. An alarm was a red light and a buzzer on the control panel. I am guessing your whole life has been in the era of a cell phone in your pocket, but there was also a time when truck drivers had a pocket full of coins to put into these things they called payphones. You may have heard of them, or seen them in an old movie.

Yes, if memory serves me right, as I said it was some years prior, 1995 to be precise. But seeings how you know all, and have all the answers, go about yourself. When you see Daddy England or little boy Jay, tell them I said go F themselves.

9. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014

Sounds like Pride, good miles, great trucks, and zero compassion. I would tell you what I think of Steve Shelean but I don't want banded.

10. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Finally someone who makes sense. Thank you! You're right good mile and good trucks and Pennie in payroll is the best! Steve S. Is another story I agree but since they started training it's not the same there. I'm not there anymore but I do think Jeff E. Is a good owner.

11. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Forgot to say Flynn W. A real piece of work there. Heard they sent him down to St. George but don't know much more. Hasta Laveesta Flynn!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.