My experience with TMC recruiting Dept.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Ubbzy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Tarheelcountryhaulin

Tarheelcountryhaulin Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Linwood, NC
    Alright, hopefully I will see you there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flatbedbob

Flatbedbob Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2008
    chapin sc
    Just finished with TMC training in columbia on 5-30. Great place,good group of trainers,very good expierence over all. Look forward to getting on the road with my trainer.

4. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Congratulations, I hope to see you out on the road someday.

5. Tarheelcountryhaulin

Jan 25, 2008
    Linwood, NC
    Can you share your experience at Columbia with us getting ready to attend. Thanks in advance.:biggrin_25520:

6. Flatbedbob

Apr 14, 2008
    chapin sc
    First I can't say anything first hand about the hotel because I'm am local and got to come home every night. The class the first week is mostly paperwork, tests and SAFETY. The first day is drug test and D O T physical,& paperwork. The food isn't all that great but it's eatable.
    That first weekend is load securement class (the basics of load securement).You are shown the proper way to secure different loads.
    Tarp class also ( how to fold your tarps and tarp loads). Second week is hands on Pete's basic backing skills and how to handle the spill axle trailors ( the equipment is nice and the expect it to stay that way )
    You get in some drive time over the road and learn the 13-speed trans.
    which is also pretty nice. If all goes well you will be set-up with a trainer for your five weeks over the road on the following friday you'll go home for some r&r and hook up with the trainer when he is ready to go out for the following week. All in all the people are all very nice and laid back it's a good place with alot to offer it's up to the student how much you get out of it and if you want to succeed.If you have any questions feel free to ask i'll answer them the best i can i didn't cover everything but this will give you the basics of how it works. i'll be on the road come sunday so i'll be checking in until then to answer what i can. Good luck and hope to see ya on the road .

NukedNative Thanks this.
  7. soundman

soundman Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2007
    PA
    Flatbed Bob - Were there any surprises, such as things you needed but weren't aware of, or other things you didn't know going in?

8. Flatbedbob

Apr 14, 2008
    chapin sc
    No surprises , they will let you know the day before if you need to bring anything, just be sure you have work boots & gloves for load securement class.

9. Tarheelcountryhaulin

Jan 25, 2008
    Linwood, NC
    Thanks bob for the info. Good luck with your otr trainer!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.