My Experience with UPSF

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ACH1130, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    UPS equipment always looks bad ### to me for some reason. Must be the black wheels on the trailers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Sounds good ACH, glad you are happy so far. They seem to be treating you pretty good.

4. Hammer71

Hammer71 Light Load Member

May 21, 2012
    Montgomery NY
    Arch, Im not telling you anything you dont know but watch the 68 mph trucks. They will burn you for speeding if the dispatch and arrival times dont jive with 64/65 mph.

ACH1130 Thanks this.
  5. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I hear you there man... some guys do 73... not sure the rush is just to do whatever. My driver trainer even said it stupid to do 73 like that, 65 is my comfort zone... plus you gotta protect your license as well.

You were right about FRM/BAY terminal. Everyone there is really cool, even management, a little laid back it seems and also tell you what to do at other places just to stay away from trouble. It is good being home on the island as well. Im gettin an old Overnite tractor, the TM told me what number I will get so I looked in the yard and saw it. Got a caseete player so I will get one of those things I can plu my ipod into the cassette player.

Your right the paycut is a huge one but in the long run Ill be better off here anyways, just gotta suck up staying at home again but soon Ill be able to get my own place again, after I get some raises. Plus I got side work I can do as well

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. Hammer71

May 21, 2012
    Montgomery NY
    Im sure it's different at each terminal but we had a guy get his balls broken for 66mph average. Found it funny as it was one of the team runs to OKC where the majority of the roads are 70 mph.

7. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I redited my last post above... didnt think you were online. Im surprised how many teams were there in Harrisburg, PA. Thats our longest run we go to. Heard they can be a bit difficult there... just from the guys, I dont know personally yet

8. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    ok so today I go in at 7pm, and the city dispacther is covering the outbound, seemed like a hard@#$ at first but ended up being a good guy, and a comedian. He said i was gonna load trailers to get better at it to help me in carteret which is my run. So we went out and set me up witht he guy I went with last night. Worked the outbound and finished quite early too. At this point he was gonna send me out on my own but since I dont have ID number or cards yet he decided not too. The guy that goes on my run as well was going to Harrisburg instead tonight so the supervisor was gonna send me home but deicded to change his mind and said go to harrisburg with him to learn it (again). We hook then leave the yard

Once we got to Harrisburg we handed the papers in, found out we had to go into the other building so we fueled, then drove over, went inside, then dropped the trailers, went back in and they said go check your doors, these are your numbers, both trailers not ready. We go to walk back to the office so I went to the bathroom and as I came back the trainer said we are ready to go, theres two other trailers they said to take, then he hook/PTI and get dispatched then i drove back home. made it back in good timing, traffic on the cross bronx and LIE was limited so I was able to go through. came back, dropped trailers and went home.

Off till monday so going to enjoy my weekend

*All you Con-Way guys will know this, our new trailers are getting the safe stack system like you guys got... Heard a few guys arent too happy about it, I thought it was fairly easy to use though

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  9. Hammer71

May 21, 2012
    Montgomery NY
    HRS has a ton of team runs, our NBR terminal has 6, one of which I was just bumped off of. Now I'll be tooling around new England on my new run. Glad all is going well so far, and again if ya need anything give a holler.

10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Congradulations on the new gig,,,, I used to be a YRC Dockworker, then I also worked at CWF ( unfortunately ) as a driver... I am currently an OTR driver wanting to go back local... Whats the pay at UPSF? Thanks

11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Ok I used to see a few when I would go into the Hess station. I knw for YRC all the teams were out west, closest was Chicago. Did you make good money running teams? And thanks will do, maybe ill run into you at NBR one of these days. Right now im on the CRT bid, was shocked to be hired right onto a bid but Im not complaining

Yea I think you wrote in my YRC thread before. YRC even with all the nonsense, pay cut an pension loss was still a good place to work... AT least at terminal 123. Im just wanted to move back home, only reason I left, and a few other personal problems going on which Im not posting about. HAHAHA I think the unfortunately is funny, Ive heard some CWF barns wont hire you if you were a teamster but thats just a rumor. to be honest CWF isnt a bad job, just their policies and they way management is is what makes them what they are...

Now the starting Pay at UPSF isnt that great, in fact its probly the lowest starting rates, For probation its 15 a hour, then it moves to 17. The guy who has the same run on me has one year and he said hes at 17 something and about 44cpm. But in the long run I heard its 26 something per hour and about 65cpm... and with the new contract it will be even higher. I moved back home for the mean time until I get some pay raises, then Ill get my own place once again. Im one of 3 YRC guys who are currently there, they were both on layoffs over the years with closures and the Merge.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.