My Experience with UPSF

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ACH1130, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    So you are usually working 7-5? I've been doing 4pm-4am this week. Been seeing city traffic for the first time in months, I even got flipped off today. I can't believe I would ever miss driving in traffic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I'm usually back at my terminal at 5am. But I use the yard horse for about a hour or two by choice and if the supervisor has the work. And trust me I don't miss traffic either. If I get to leave by 330am I just miss the traffic in NYC... and lately they been being funny with closing highways without letting anyone know on the signs beforehand

4. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I hit traffic every morning going back home or southbound in Cali. Hate it! Glad it's going good for you ACH!

5. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    well I saw how much the direct deposit gave me this week... All im gonna say I was happy, I actually made what a decent week at YRC would be... that 15% really was killing my checks... I really hope these guys get that back, I got friends at my old terminal doing 6 trips to get more money.

well so far all week been going good, I finally got the hang of that one lever does all forklifts we got. Its not to bad once you get used to it. My tractors engine was finall going I think, had over a million and volvo engines normally dont go that long, so I got a new one today, a recently refurbished one, I do miss my aux inlet for my ipod though, this tractor has a cassette player in it, so ill get one of those cassette converter things.

Other than that no complaints. Even the dock which i was dreading isnt too bad. Go in at 7, strip some trailers for the outbound, and give it to the guys loading. at 9pm go outside and hook, gone by 930. Normally at my hub at 11:15, sometimes 11 depending on traffic and construction (stupid NYC). Go out drop the trailers maybe fuel if needed and the fuel truck didnt come in. On the dock I strip my lead trailer, normally an hour and a half, then when the other guy gets there I strip out his trailer and he starts loading my 2 trailers(he likes to load rather than strip the trailers so it is what it is). Also it is nice seeing the same guys every night, knowing names, knowing who will help you and who is an @#$hole. usually by 2:30 or 3am Im outside hooking, then back at my barn around 4:45 or 5:15. Then I get to play switcher or a bit since theres no morning switcher (by choice, and if the supervisor has the work, hes normally pretty good about it). today I got in late as there was a lot of freight for us tonight, so when I was done dropping my set there was no work for me at my terminal... which is fine, nothing wrong with an easier night every so often.

One more day then a nice well deserved relaxing weekend

CenutryClass Thanks this.
  6. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    We just got pre passes for our trucks

7. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Got assigned a newer truCk tonight. Man I didn't think freight trucks could pull

8. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Nice what did you get be safe.

9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Congrads on the new truck ACH... Is YRC and UPS in the same union? So my question is basically did your couple of years in YRCs teamsters union transfer over to your new job? Thanks man

10. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    One similar to the picture below... But its gray and brown the older ones. The one I took below was the one I was training with.

Good question about my time with the teamster I will have to check on that. I do hope one day we vote in the NFMA ( National Freight Masters Agreement) like YRC has. You never know

11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Nice well deserved long weekend this weekend. I do enjoy working at an end of line terminal. Not sure if the hubs have off, at YRC only the time starts had off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.