My Experiences as a driver for Millis

Discussion in 'Millis' started by stevenneill, Mar 1, 2014.

1. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Seems to come out to about 1100 miles

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    Not bad. After delivering in Hawthorne NJ in the morning I am grabbing a load out of New Brunswick to Eau Claire good miles, but only headed that way so they can get me to a KW. Have had to regen 4 times so far in the last week and seems I've had the smoke screen option installed.

4. bamaguy86

bamaguy86 Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    oxford,al
    I have had pat for almost 3 years if there is freight he will keep you preplanned if not he will tell you straight up. My weekly average since I started is 2962

stevenneill Thanks this.
  5. trainwreck40

trainwreck40 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Azle, TX
    just wanted to thank you for writing this blog, I am starting my training with millis next month in Texas and I enjoyed reading about your experience.

6. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    You would be correct for PA you can idle if it has the cali idle sticker on it. I never have had a issue idling if its been cold or extremely hot out in any state except for when I have been in LA area out in cali.

stevenneill Thanks this.
  7. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Do they hire drivers with 6 mo experience without having to train them?

8. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    Millis policy is 1 year of recent OTR experience or you go to their school.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  9. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    what he said

Rotorzilla Thanks this.
  10. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Okay, got a couple of questions for you guys about bonuses and how they work: I am on Per Diem, my trainer was not (He was complaining about being audited by the IRS because he could not prove what days he was out, having to hire a lawyer, ect...so I'm glad I chose per diem) anyway, he could not answer my questions because he didn't know what differences there were in non per diem and per diem pay.

So I know some things are different, but not what.

1.) Performance bonus: I know there is a bonus at 2,000, another at 2500, and another at 3,000. How much is the bonus for Per Diem?

2.) Safety Bonus. I know there is a Quarterly bonus every quarter and another at the end of the year, How much is it for Per Diem? Also, what causes you to lose it?

3.) Idle Bonus. My trainer didn't care in the slightest for idle times, there was one point the truck didn't stop running for 4 days straight, but Harold told me about it in school. How does the idle bonus work, at what point do you get a bonus and how much, and when is it paid?

4.) Are there any bonuses I didn't mention?

11. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Per diem performance bonus is the same

Per diem safety bonus is .03 cpm for all miles driven. I think you get .01 cpm per quarter and then .02 cpm for annual.Non perdiem is .01 cpm.....005 cpm for each qtr and .005 cpm for the annual.

Idle bonus....who cares...a dollar a day for me to be comfortable? Screw em I am gonna be comfortable.

that guy will and Rotorzilla Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.