My FFE experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by wpmclam, Feb 12, 2010.

1. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I have been unable to find my tax information, but if I remember correctly my gross was somewhere around 30g last year. When I find the correct paperwork I will give an exact amount.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. indyboy03

indyboy03 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2010
    valparaiso, indiana
    *EDIT*

disregard...posted about not seeing any info on FFE and was moved here...and i believe i have seen enough to not go with these guys...thanks for the posts guys.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. fancypants

fancypants Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Im going their monday,see for myself

5. indyboy03

indyboy03 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2010
    valparaiso, indiana
    cool, keep me updated and let me know how it all works out. I would like to know as much as i can about whatever company i end up with before i get to their orentation. Did you get prehired or you just going there to fill out an app?

6. fancypants

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Ive got a prehire. talking w/Mickey. also jim from chicago.prob. getting my trk in at gary,in then go to chi for oren. or come back home an go to burlington,nj. Their working with me. was supposy to be in chi. last mon. but having mech. prob w/my current trk.an my co dont seem to care.

7. BigDanny

BigDanny Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Texas
    This is my first post but I been with FFE since May, I did a few weeks with a trainer and went solo first week of June, it's definitely been an adventure, but the company isn't that bad, I guess that's hit or miss though, I've been lucky enough to have not had any payroll issues, the miles have been decent, and the one time they didn't have anything for me they actually sent me a message telling me so, then 3 hours later I was back on the road taking over a load from a driver who was in the shop, every company has its ups and downs, but for the most part I can't really think of anything to complain about with FFE

8. fancypants

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    All the bad post i see are years old an from about 3 people. even if it sucks for them it might be good for me. you gotta find what works for you

9. BigDanny

BigDanny Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Texas
    Every company has its share of crap, the reason I chose FFE was because I figured the lack of information meant nobody was really complaining, and I don't regret my decision at all, I'm lovin' it out here, fancypants are you gonna be otr or an ltl driver?

fancypants Thanks this.
  10. fancypants

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    otr i like to stay out 21-30 days.I hear they have opti-idle an dont care for that but ill adj. to it. been doing the reefer thing for years now so its nothing new.

11. BigDanny

BigDanny Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Texas
    My opti-idle stopped working but I don't wanna get it fixed because ever since it stopped working I've been able to idle all-night, good luck and keep me posted on how you like it, and when you go to the chicago terminal try and stay outta the strip club in front of the drop yard!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.