My FFE experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by wpmclam, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Suncoast

Suncoast Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Lonewolf are you still out of trucking now, if so what are you up too?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    well for me alot of times i would be coming from the northwest so it would be onions going to miami or depending on when i needed to be there they would have me pick up a load and run it to like sysco or cheny bros then i chose to drop the trailer off at the terminal in miami but that was me i would think since u r closer to dundee then its lot better and getting me out it was tropicanna or over to port manatee for produce and for some reason i was always sent to the midwest first

4. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Yup I am still out of trucking. There are parts of it I miss, but I also like to be home where I can have my cold beer after work. Right now working for a lil more than minimum wage until I can get a better job lined up.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Well; look at all the money you are saving by not being able to afford beer with this min wage job...:biggrin_25522:

6. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I always find a way to finance my medicine.

7. tdog89

tdog89 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Hello,

*sorry if this is the wrong forum*
    I am wondering has anyone out there been employeed and/or has went through there student program at FFE? Is it a "good" company? They seem alright haven't heard to much wrong about them. I am looking to get just about a year or two OTR experience than go local. I do not wish to become o/o. I am simple wanting to be Solo Company Driver. Thank you in advance

8. Hubcap

Hubcap Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    FFE Lisa? And you say they are going to train you themselves or are they going to put you though a school?

I have trained for Lisa back when they were located on Mony st. in Fort Worth Texas and like so many companies, it is what you make of it.

But if they have a company school I want to know about it.

9. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca
    i put in a App wit them about 9 days ago, & Called'em.....they said there not hiren out of Ca right now...gottah check back in a Month.......

10. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Check out their financial records. I was considering them back in Feb, but they had been loosing millions of dollars. I did not want to work for a company that was financially strapped.
    They may be doing better now....not sure.

11. tdog89

tdog89 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Hello,

I would go to a training school sponsored. The school is pine bluff truck driving school in Arkansas. They would pay for it and food voucher $50/week and than take it out when i start training. Ya FFE is Lisa, and Eagle to what I know and understand. I talked to them on the phone alittle bit and the only thing that could be kinda messed up is the 70% no touch load/unload. But what I can tell right now they are doing okay financially.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.