My First Day goin to Melton

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Realtime, Mar 9, 2009.

1. afirstt16

afirstt16 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    does anybody know what type of drug screen is used with Melton?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. P The Fat Trucker

P The Fat Trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2009
    youngmansoupie, japan
    :biggrin_25522:they use the basic by dot that only detects what shows up in urine.

4. lyon4343

lyon4343 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Plymouth,CT
    I'm in the middle of planning to get to orientation by Jan.1. What hotel do they set u up in? I'll never ride a bus for that long. Dont know how anyone can do it without goin insane. My friend is planning on workin for them too, so we're gonna split cost for a car rental

5. EmersonSC

EmersonSC Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Taylor, MI
    Melton wants to hire me on, but im trying to hear from RECENT drivers, those both currently employed, and currently departed, to hear their side of the Melton story. I'm currently with Prime and have had enough... I only have 8 months in the business and live in Michigan, so i know my options are limited. If not Melton, does anyone have any other advice on who to go to?

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    This always sends up a red flag...:biggrin_2554:

7. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    that's 1 needle that is easy to find, and definatly should not be in the haystack to begin with.

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    EmersonSC Dude, On the Prime driver website, all those employees just LOVE Prime, how come you don't? Is it the 70 cent a mile freight? The 45 cent a mile deadhead? Those fantastic meat/chicken plants? Inquiring minds want to know...

9. YungTrucker

YungTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Detroit,Mi
    I been gon for a min this realtime i lost my password but heres my new account...........so if you wanna know about melton first they dropped there pay and tarp is now 20 instead of 40.........im no longer with melton no more there a pretty good company i had a few complains but not many........ any question hit me up...........oh yeah drug test is a piss in a cup if you dont drink a alot of fluids it will show up i though that was weird

10. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    By the way if you ever end up in Laredo, plan on a random!!!

11. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    In my opinion, which only counts cuz I am riding with Bill who drives for Melton, I would not go there. He is getting about 1400 miles a week, sometimes LESS. Tarp pay is 30.00-that's 15.00 to tarp and 15.00 to untarp. They tarp EVERYTHING. They took out the XM radio so when you go to their website and you see they have XM in all the trucks, its old info. We got massacred by Prime and at least here he gets a paycheck every week, but it's not much. The amount of work a flatbedder does is in no way reflected in his/her paycheck. Oh, every Tuesday you can advance 100.00 if you need to, which it's nice to know it's there but I don't recommend advances either. I think they have around 1000 drivers which sounds good on paper, you would think they are a small company that takes care of their drivers, but they act just like a big old company. Good luck with whatever you decide. I probably cant write back for a while, just got lucky that this motel has a computer I can use while the truck's in the shop!!

halfburn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.