My First Days At CRETE

Discussion in 'Crete' started by novoids, May 31, 2009.

1. novoids

novoids Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    u must log 15 mins for fuel and 15 mins pti u dont have to log 15 mins for scaling load though

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tut

tut Light Load Member

Anybody heard from Novoids? His last activity here was in February...

4. novoids

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    i log 15 mins for fuel only 30 mins for drop n hk or arrival and departure

5. novoids

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    hello all hope everyone is well havent been on in forever still here still happy i cant complain im home unexpectantly as my wife was rushed to hospital mon nite lost a tremndous amt of blood and pressure was 40 over 30 when arriving by ambulance spent three days in ICU received 4 pints of blood initally then monitered her religously i arrived home tues late afternoon as i got unloaded in fairburn ga at excel at 3 am tues so dispatch got me a load outta atl i tcalled in spartenburg sc they were great . got me home ive been with my wife each day n most of nite she still isnt out of the woods yet received another transfusion today so we just keep praying and wishing and hoping . she has had a few stints in the hospital over a 4 month period and crete has tried to get me home in a timely manner .of course sometimes it dont feel quik enough because its your loved one but i just try to tell myself i dont happen to be just around the corner from my home. and if it happens that i really need to get back asap i would take it upon myself to fly home . i still say with mylimited expeirence crete is a good company especially for there way of training new drivers and also im sure guys have there own ideas/complaints about crete n i have heard alot and i still say stay out of terminals and u wont hear all the negative guys . and to those that are fortunate enough to be with a socalled better company i am truely happy for you .i will stay here for now im treated decently. u have to remember this no matter wht u hear or my have been told if you keep ur logs clean n error free and are not trying to knowingly cheat .u get ur loads picked up on time and delivered on time u will not be one of those unhappys i spoke about . we all have bad days or even lousey load offers yes im refering to pa nj md but we all have to eat alittle crap once in awhile .no matter wht happens crete wants the trks rolling weather its 200 miles or 1300 miles on 1 load do i think some drivers may get shafted yes but there has to be a reason/s dispatch just doesnt wake up n say hey today i feel like messing with so and so . as i said ive had my moments but i always try to stay focused an as positive as i can be i dont ever vent on qcomm i always start my conversation with hello or goodmorning or something nice and even if i dont here what i want to hear i end my conversation with thnk you and have a great day. .i have been fortunate also to so far knock on wood never miss a scheduled hometime i send my hometime in as soon as i go back out for nxt time to my terminal ask for a response that it is in system n i notify dispatch on message 15 every load a week before hometime is due just letting them know im due hometime on such n such a day by 2359 hrs . and this seems to have worked for me im sure one day ill be thrown a curve ball but for now i really have no complaints . oh and by the way ive read a few of evertruckers latest and some of his verbal adversaries who think he is a recruiter . i dont know but im here to tell you "I AM NOT A RECRUITER" ha ha ha .i take things for wht they r and ive never been one to complain alot anyway . so ill end with saying keep up the good work be safe out there and dont let others influence how you operate cause that is the gist of wht ive learned and wht i believe evertrucker is trying to say and even alot of the fellows and women out here that may have been here a long time still dont realise is this isnt as much about driving as it is about operating. the smart drivers have systems and they all may vary no one of this is fullproof. but if it works why not learn from it or take from it what works for your style of driving/ operating .as i believe i told you along time age in my training ,my trainer had a degree in business management / time management which is alot like my background if u organize ur self in a system u will succeed i assure you if u run balls to the wall 11hrs aday guess wht u restart every week who makes money sittin for 34 ?????? i dont have all the answers never claim to but ive been doing well on miles and hometime .i have no log violations no late pickups or deliveries no service failures and im in a large group of creteians that have the same qualifacations as i just stated . keep it up guys and for you new guys if i see u out there im always willing to help out i just dont hang in trk stops or terminals and im driving a new cascadia its red u cant miss me just come up n say hello....thats a joke to get more crete drivers out there to communicate to one another have a safe nite my friends god bless you all

Zangief Thanks this.
  6. k9219

k9219 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Hope your wife gets better soon. Thanks for the update. Good to hear a straight forward assessment on otr. be safe out there.

7. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Good post novoids. I started w/Crete as you did, out of school a little over 2 years ago. Time with the trainer was very good. I have learned that much of what happens as far as load offers, wasted time at loading/unloading docks, traffic, accidents, etc., we have no control over so we have to make the best of it. However, we can control a large portion of what we do by using good time management. I very rarely run hard enough to have to take a 34 reset, sometimes a load works out that I can, but some months I run 20 days without a reset. I just do what is best for the situations. I have still averaged close to 11,000 miles per month since the first of the year. There are bad weeks, and you get all wadded up, but then I look at the monthly average it usually works out.
    Everyone that signs up for this lifestyle should realize it's not a typical job, unfortunatly some are deceived or just choose to not heed advice given. I guess I'm rambling, so will wish all a Happy New Year with as many miles as you want to drive.

jondun Thanks this.
  8. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    I have been doing a lot of research and Crete is high on my list? Can you guys tell me if there is a benefit as to which side to go for Crete or Shaffer? Miles better? Thanks

9. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I would think the miles are a little higher at Crete, but I think you get an extra penny with Shaffer. Probably not a huge difference.

alex94 and Son of a Trucker Thank this.
  10. engine312

engine312 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    novoids.
    Thank you for your posts. I read My first days at Crete. It was very imformative. I am finishing up driving school in March, and I have filled out an app. for Crete and others. Are you still with Crete? I hope your wife is better.
    Thanks again.

11. novoids

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    yes i still am driving at crete i dont have any reason to go elsewhere. if u speak to anyone in recruiting ask for heather W. she is great to deal with. have a great nite and when u get out here be safe u will do just fine .whoever u chose just do your homework and ask as many / as possible thnk you

engine312 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.