My First Days At CRETE

Discussion in 'Crete' started by novoids, May 31, 2009.

1. Weazz

Weazz Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Florida
    I'M on home time......WOOHOO :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN

You still going to be a Cretian?
    It's all about the attitude, if they see you want to learn, you'll do ok.
    I went to school for 2 weeks.We had a ####y guy that told us if we couldn't set our turns up after the second day, we shouldn't be there. I couldn't. The day of our CDL test he failed and I passed!! The miles seem to be picking up here at Crete.

4. newbie22

newbie22 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Iola,KS
    My instructor sees im trying real hard to learn this profession. He told me that i am about where i need to be and he has had worse students than me. He doesnt yell when i mess up he knows im trying but Friday I got the offset down and have a more understanding of backing and now the alley dock and paralel parking is coming up and it looks like it is the same technique as offset backing. Its all starting to fall into place. Yes i am still going to go with crete. I graduate in the middle of August and crete said it would be around the first of September when they can get me with a trainer. I can wait that long be able to spend a little more time with the family before i leave. Thats a good thing that the miles are picking up hopefully i can get a little piece of it too.

5. DieselMech

DieselMech Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2008
    East Nashville, Tennessee
    What's up NoVoid? Have not heard from you in a while. Is everything okay?

6. novoids

novoids Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    all is well sorry i will try to post something soon been hectic am in orientation now .. a few things to do tonite mite get routed towards home tommorrow eve or at least in that direction... still pleased with training and everyone at crete to date sorry i havent been to on top of this i will try to do better

7. mr slowsky

mr slowsky Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin Tx
    Thanks for your updates!! I've been looking to work for crete for some time now

8. cretelnd

cretelnd Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    muncie Ind
    novoids, how have you been. I hope well, did you get the same trainer after home time and what was orientation all about. hope to here from you soon.

9. mr slowsky

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin Tx
    I guess Crete is keeping novoids busy. The silence is killing me

10. novoids

novoids Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    again i appoligise for not being on to much. i did get time at home but with not seeing my children for over 2 months ( they were at grandparents for summer so not home when i first came home in middle of training )all i wanted to do was be with my family we did everything together that we could .i know i was selfish , my last week of training we had an accident in houston an owner op ran a red lite an wiped out the frnt end of our new trk .it hurt i dont waqnt anyone to go thru that . crete personel was concerned safety was polite to me we were sent to doctor for checkup and xrays and such. all is well still alittle sore but i guess after an impact like that its to be expected got thru orientation ok 2 days of everything you gone thru and then some.. road test also yes i did go back with same trainer .to my knowledge u can request another if you desire or ask to stay with same one .my trainer was excellent safe and courtious. i really licked out in that regard..to date crete has been a good choice for me unless some unforeseen event changes that i have no complaints as for miles i havent done a full wk yet as i took home time i neeed my wife and children after the accident you know what i mean.im in an older trk as i expedcted 05 century 545000 miles on it so i imagine once i prove myself i will upgrade to at least a newer one which is fine rt now. afterall im a beginner first timer. my trk is clean no smells or pet hair or anything other then the normal stuff seems to run ok a few issues nothing major. 2 days at orientation .goes like this hotel for nite before decent hotel clean .buss to lincoln 10 min ride brkfast at hotel or at licoln your choice lunch was in orientation room brought up by staff drinks also day ends approx 4:30 iish go to hotel they pay 4 dinner at resturant next to hotel. u meet ( and they speak ) all dept heads little insight on company as a whole ... 2nd day same situation .u bring all ur belongings with u and store in a room after u get officially thru orientation if theres trks there u get one drive around load up your stuff and hopefully get a load offer towards your home if freight allows or that way in a round about way if u request home time.. or if no trks u will get a renta car and u and another person mite drive to another area or terminal to p/up ur trk then load offer and away you go. my first load offer was to chicago oh joy . but i survived then to atlanta then charlotte then i went to spartenburg to have em look at a airleak then HOME . so now i am out on my own all is well so far..my advise to anyone new is to G.O.A.L GET OUT AND LOOK ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE ANYTIME BUT GOD WILLING WE CAN PREVENT THEM ... I TRY TO BE POSITIVE EVEN IF FREIGHT IS SLOW.KEEP AN OPEN MIND .I WILL TRY TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITYI HAVE TO BELIEVE THE COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY FOR THAT MATTER WANTS U ROLLING CAUSE IF YOU R NOT THEY R NOT MAKING MONEY EITHER SO REMEMBER THEY DONTT WANT U SITIING AS MUCH AS YOU DONT WANT TO BE SITTING WELL GOTTA GET MY REST .I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND WILL TALK TO YOU SOON.. BE SAFE

mceheel, alex94 and The Challenger Thank this.
  11. mr slowsky

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin Tx
    Thanks for the update novoids

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.