My First Days At CRETE

Discussion in 'Crete' started by novoids, May 31, 2009.

1. DieselMech

DieselMech Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2008
    East Nashville, Tennessee
    Hey Novoids, I start with a trainer next Monday out of Knoxville. I hope my training experience is as good as yours. I have had 2 buddy's drop out of trucking co.'s cause of bad trainers.
    I am very sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad you are okay.
    Well, get your rest. Peace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cretelnd

cretelnd Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    muncie Ind
    Thanks for the updates novoid, How many miles have you been gitting now that you are on your own. THANKS

4. rbmc20

rbmc20 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Virginia
    Great thread novoid... I am considering Crete also thanks for the updates

5. newbie22

newbie22 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Iola,KS
    hey novids got the approval from crete to be at the KC terminal on the 26th to take all the tests to go out with the trainer. Thing is i havent been in a truck in two months. Hopefully i will remember everything i learnded in school. Any advice? Thanks

6. BigShrek

BigShrek Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Woodstock ME
    I don't want a trainer with me, too much of a hassel

7. gar-rose

gar-rose Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I hate public restrooms!
    vanishes. Think he's still trucking?

8. Jmurman

Jmurman Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Baltimore MD

I was wondering that myself?

9. MacDriver48

MacDriver48 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Chicago, Il.
    Dont think so. Hes on Twitter all day long. I had it on Smartphone. Guess what? Not any more.

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    So that accident may have been a preventable? He didn't say who was driving.

11. novoids

novoids Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    hello to all been a long time STILL AT CRETE got a new prostar doing as well as can be expected with economy the way it is accident was not our fault fyi...i wasnt driving but we r both ok i communicate with my trainer as often as i need to or want to i feel we will always be friends .he is an was a great trainer.i also ran into the fellow who gave me my first road test we stayed in touch an meet up while vacationing in harrisburg pa. did i say vacationing i meant sitting waiting for freight ha ha . seems pa and me have a sit and wait relationship my mileage is enough to pay the bills i cant complain besides who wants to hear my problems when we all have our own . got to see some ice in minnesota last wk then snow in pa my 1st real snow was coming off 80 onto 322 for some of you i know u will say ahhhh that aint nothing . and maybe so but to me and my first time it was interesting to say the least. i just went slow and i mean slow for me not for anyone elseor anyone elses idea of slow. i dont care what others do i will go as slow as i need to or feel comfortable with and i recomend the same attitude for any an all new drivers as i said i went approx couple weeks outta orientation then got a brand new prostar nice trk i have issues with ongaurd system i dont like it....i dont feel anyone/thing should hit the brakes for me especially when it hits brakes going into a tunnel or certain overpasses.. i have issues with the no idle heater / ac system . dont get me wrong surprised me to get a new trk as a student. i was settling into my 05 century just fine did have very high miles though. i felt my training was very adequate but i still feel after u are alone a wk or 2 u really come into your own that is not to say you r a great trk driver it just means u test ur training out alone an can accomplish it if u try and doing it without a safety net( trainer) sitting nxt to you .its all in you to do . you can do it we r all gonna mess up and get lost and be late possibly but if YOU PLAN YOUR TRIP FROM START TO FINISH I MEAN EVERY DETAIL u limit the chance of messing up. now im not god but i do plan my trips in detail and i go over the map in my mind before each trip no matter wht i look at it all i plan my stops foor the nite usually 2 sometimes 3 just incase i get to a trk stop and theres a shortage ofparking ive planned for that .so far its worked out for me .ive had no accidents or any problems yet not been late yet. i try to stay positive an polite to shippers guards consignee and yes even dispatch. afterall they are the deciders in this game . so if u stay nice positive an polite it can only bring u good.. as with anything else in life.praying to get home for a few for xmas got the usual message promising xmas day only im just keeping fingers crossed id like a few for the sake of my family its hard on them having daddy away when they r used to him being home but they are getting alittle better with it as time goes on.i eat as many meals as possible in trk i freeze food at home and keep in coleman cooler i bought for 88 at walmartwhen i started training its still working got verizon air card no probs at all well ive run on enough for tonite im sorry i havent followed up with this i originall intended just to let new people know what to expectm in training so they mite have some ideas from my expierence that may help them . i will occasionally drop a long winded line such as this hope all of you stay safe and be careful and go slow its not a crime to make someone wait for you to do wht you need to do at yoour pace......... i promise you at some point in there life someone gave them a chance or an amount of time to turn or back in just most of them forgot that... dont you forget it especially at trkstops when they r rushing u to back in take ur time get out an look as many times as u have to goodnite all and have a safe holiday with you loved ones

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.