My First Days At CRETE

Discussion in 'Crete' started by novoids, May 31, 2009.

1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    I like your attitude Novoids. I hope when I'm in your position my attitude is like yours. I like the place you call home too. My dear old dad (now 84) was born there and I've visited Asheville several times. Continued success!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    so crete is taking students right out of school now? I thought it was at least 1 year exp????

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Get the school that you are thinking of attending and call them to see if they will hire from there. They have hired several guys from my school.

I didn't make the employment history scrutinzing.

5. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I've been driving for a year now and am prior miltary of 14 years.I have to wait till I have 1 year exactly,no blemishes on my driving recor...sqeaky clean!! Also whats with these point things that Crete is using to fire drivers???

6. MacDriver48

MacDriver48 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Chicago, Il.
    Thanks Novoids, your professionalism, diligence, and attitude are to be commended. U dont sugar coat and speak direct. Great posts, thanks again.

7. novoids

novoids Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    has to be a ptdi certified school to be hired as a student . or at least thats wht it was when i hired on mite have changed so i would chk with heather in recruiting . and your school of choice the certified schools are a bit longer but i felt well worth it also no matter wht happens in my future at crete i will always appreciate the training and the 11 hrs per day not using me as a team driver and calling that training . ypu understand that more when u r finally out here and u will appreciate yout trainer sitting nxt to you through it all instead of sleeping in the bunk all nite while you drive 11 hrs at nite and hes driving all day and u r trying to sleep in a moving trk during daylite ( difficult for most) some would disagree but majority wouldnt .....

8. novoids

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    it is a pt system i dont see it as a way to fire as much as i see it as a way to let you know u need to watch your driving more better myself included . now with that said im sure there will be opposition im new i dont know it all but even children need limits so do adults do i agree with the amount of pts per incident not necessarily but u have to realize weather we like it or not they have a business to run and to be profitable for crete . im human i will make mistakes as i progress as we all will i just try to be positive and do my best to be safe and productive. if u get caught up in all the negativity you mite as well quit or not even start out in this field . again the point system may come back to haunt me someday also i dont have to like it or agree with it i just have to try my best to be safe and live with it after all its there company and if you look at the numbers we r doing well in this economy and some arent cut out to follow rules those i consider the negative ones . i try to avoid and fyi if u want positive pts do ur logs well if u r audited and u pass theres 2 positive pts each trailor inspection u bring in is .25ths of a pt so every 4 trlor inspects are 1 pt you can build pts to cover yourself . so be as safe as u can an be positive .when the day arises that i fell im not positive anymore i will leave but for now im content with crete and overall with all the good and bad ive taken in its all about economy and human decency and respect which society is lacking in but ill do my best to keep smiling and i hoe you do to

9. novoids

Jan 10, 2009
    asheville NC
    by the way i wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season with your family and friends stay warm and smile lets start a crazy daily ritual " LETS SMILE DAILY"......sounds nuts but we can do it .merry ho ho to all and a happy new yearand just so you know im driving a red crete trk so if you see me on the roads honk wave say hello and smile u wont know which red trk so honk wave and smile to them all BE SAFE

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    My School is a PTDI certified school.

One of the former students was doing good at Crete. Except his log books looked like crap. They warned him a couple of times. They gave him 6 months off. He is back there now and happy.

11. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    The first year you are with Crete you will be monitored closely by Brent/Jenny (Safety Dept New drivers). Try to keep your logs as neat as possible and watch for any new rule changes. I used to log 15 min for PTI/Fuel but now you need to log 30 for that. They really want to do everything by the book so they can keep their great rating with DOT. Good luck to all of you new Crete drivers. And remember to wave at your fellow Crete drivers. The company I'm at now doesn't do that at all. I wave to them and they just look at me funny.

Jmurman and Baack Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.