My first run experience.....HORRIBLE!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Adelmo, Apr 20, 2021.

1. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    :biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    "They obviously didn’t give you the training you needed but with a few “incidents “ you may not get another job offer."

"Talk to your DM about getting proper training. You are going to end up getting into trouble you do not need, end up without a job and UNHIRABLE."

Please tell me the difference between these two comments.
    I actually try to post HELPFUL advice on this site. Some of you are just looking to be d bags at every opportunity. Sure...I may get a bit sarcastic or attempt a bit of humor at times. But really.......go ahead and research the archives over the past year since I joined this forum. If you think that I am a bit BLUNT....you are right. Nobody ever sugar coated ANYTHING that I was taught by Old Timers in the Construction Industry starting in the mid 80's. "I have forgotten more about this business than you will ever know", was one of the favorite sayings of the crusty old SOB's that set me straight while I was "apprenticing" in the industry. I am entering my 5th year in this crazy ### industry. IT IS NOT EASY!! If a rookie can't stand a little "Tough Love" here and there.......so be it....IGNORE ME! Your loss.

4. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Those who choose to respond in a thread want to add their own perspective to the OPs original statement. I can count any number of threads where the same thing is said multiple times, but in a different manner. No one, at least those of us who are grown-ups, accuse others in those situations of plagiarism. I didn't realize you had cornered the market on wisdom.

My loss?? Were you trying to be a comedian?

5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
  6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Im sure its been said , You were not ready plain and simple. The mistakes are costly and will follow you when trying to apply for other jobs . I hope you can learn and become a safer and more efficient driver .

7. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    San Diego
    To help with backing in get out and watch other drivers back in you will see a few different skill levels and learn the good and bad habits.
    I tell people I got a truck so I could be in the way and I have been so good at it that I bought more trucks and hired more drivers so I could be in the way in more places at the same time, remember no matter how fast you drive a truck you will not make a 4 wheeler happy !

slow.rider and James j Thank this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    OP is struggling in ALL aspects of the job. If it were just backing, someone could help. He’s working way too hard and even if he doesn’t hit anything else, he’s going to burn out. This is why he got so many responses about more training. Thing is, even after that, he needs to be able to contact someone who can help him figure out how to trip plan while he is solo. His mentor needs to know the company policy well.

9. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Was the 22 year old your trainer? How can you team drive the first day on the job? Did I miss what company this is?

slow.rider and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  10. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Ha ha ha, it’s always good to see here triple 6.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    he’s in his 50s , I don’t think he has to worry about it.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.