My First week at CRST...

Discussion in 'CRST' started by CWiLL23, Jul 13, 2012.

1. emptyvessle87

emptyvessle87 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Safari Joe

Safari Joe Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
    Pfft the most you'll make with crst (busting rump and all) is 350.00 twice a week that's if they don't starve you

4. Safari Joe

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
    When you hit 8months the loads slow down and they'll try to keep you out in wa

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Starve the first 4 weeks of training?Try the first full yr.But I like your plan staying their fullfilling your contract.It does'nt matter where ya go,you're going to find flaws in every carrier.That's just how trucking is.There's no getting around it.

Safari Joe Thanks this.
  6. Safari Joe

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
    Pay your dues and move on

pattyj and EnigmaGal Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    there ya go.We all did and im still paying my dues 10 yrs later.I'm a glutton for punishment,lol.

Shaggy and Safari Joe Thank this.
  8. Safari Joe

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
  9. Plim-Don

Plim-Don Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Detroit
    if they let you stay with them to pay your dues crst is playing games with my livelihood watch out for this company there shady ..i know i was talking all good about them until they ####### and there still ramin me hard .....

10. optimus7

optimus7 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    IL
    Everybody hates crst and other companies we don't have to name. I come from a family of truckers, some are still company men and a few of them are owner op's but they all told me the same thing about getting into trucking. " this industry is not the same way it was ,say 10-15 yrs. Ago. The money they made at that time as o/o drivers is not the same now."

they have always maintained that being new to trucking is not going to be easy but it's not as hard as alot of drivers make it appear to be. The problem with new drivers is you want the big money fast because your thinking about what you need to take care of your families,e.t.c. Any company that you go to your going to experience some sort of b.s. Whether it is a lack of miles,money,management,or poor equipment. Listen your just starting out in this game and being a new driver we have to pay our dues. My opinion is this, if your really concerned about your family then whatever company you choose, you need to listen & learn everything you have to learn that would make you a safe & professional driver. This is called paying your dues!!!!

Think about it alot of these guys are disgruntled because of their experience with a paticular company but i'm a firm believer in the fact that " just because it happened to you,doesn't mean it will happen to me."besides everyone on here angry, they are not telling you the whole truth about what happened to them with this/these company(s). Yes, there are companies that will destroy your dac with b.s. And do little dirty things to try and discredit your record but this also happens in any other job or a regular job. Did you stop trying to find a job eventhough this company gave you a bad reference? No. You kept persevering because of your family needs,e.t.c.

I would say to any new driver coming to the trucking game,whoever you go with and you feel the company is full of crap, learn what you need to learn first before you start jumping ships. Get that experience, atleast 12mo. This way when you go some where else you have the experience to back you up. Ofcourse it's going to be rough in the start but do you think these highway veterans(i'm talking 20yr.-40yr. Drivers)never experienced what your going through? How do you think they survived to this point? They learned how to enhance their skills by sheer dedication & focus!!!

Bottom line is this don't let people talk you out of what you came to do!!!

11. Texasroadguy

Texasroadguy Bobtail Member

May 7, 2013
    Slavic:
    you failed to mention if you learned how to drive a truck or not????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.