My First week at CRST...

Discussion in 'CRST' started by CWiLL23, Jul 13, 2012.

1. awol79

awol79 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    dudes, I'm gonna tell u guys what I've been told by veteran truck drivers. Dont go through company sponsored CDL schools. Just finds a CDL school that will charge 1500 to 2000 bucks and pay your way through. If u go with a CRST, CR England, or Central Refrigerated, they will put u on contract. They will pay you less on contract. If you get your CDL on your own, you will be a free agent, able to roam free. Go to schneider after you graduate, US xpress, Watkins and Shepard, Conway, these companies are great and honest and transparent. They start you off at 30 cents per mile when you graduate. DONT GO COMPANY CDL!! If truckers are tellin me this then I think it makes sense for me to tell guys. Think people. What if u dont make it through CRST's cdl course? U still have to pay them! No matter what! They want their money! Don't do drugs folks! Wake up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dubious Bravado

Dubious Bravado Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Oakland, California
    How many miles per week at 30 cents? New company drivers are the low men/women on the ladder as far as dispatch is concerned. CSRT is a team company for the most part.

I got my CDL from a private school for $2500 dollars years ago, but some people are just broke. They need a place to start and get experience. I wish I would have started out on a team truck instead of solo. My team driver and I are polar opposites in every way but we get along well because we are men of respect.

Wherever you start gut it out for at least one year of safe and legal driving. Don't be a cry baby like so many drivers these days. Pay your dues and move on to something better. The money will come after you educate yourself within the trucking industry.

:biggrin_255:DB.

Safari Joe Thanks this.
  4. awol79

awol79 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Dude schneider pays 30 cents a mile to start, prime pays 40 cents a mile to start. Go to a truck stop. U dont c schneider trucks sittin at the local pilot or flying j. Crst? I read bad juju about them. My cousin got his CDL on his own. He started at werener; 6 months later he left and went with marten. Now he does local runs, makes 50k a year, and is home every night. I dunno, I guess if your broke, then risk goin through a CDL mill. But what the heck can u learn in 3 weeks?

5. Dubious Bravado

Jul 6, 2013
    Oakland, California
    Cents per mile does not tell the whole story. If CRST is not a good company for you, so be it, but 30 or 40 cents is only good if you can get the miles. 50K a year is good money depending on where your cousin lives. Many drivers such as myself got their foot in the door through CDL mills and we make a lot more than 50 grand.

If money is the number one priority from jump street I recommend the oilfields of North Dakota. $2000 dollars per week to haul diesel in and out of oilfields. Check it out on Youtube.

Whatever you decide good luck.

6. awol79

awol79 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Dude, what can u learn about driving a big rig in 3 weeks? Company CDL schools rush people through the process. I hear all the time about crst drivers sittin at truck stops starving for miles. So, I guess your right: if your desperate and u wanna go work teams and get your miles split, and then get crap miles, so be it. Crst doesn't even have APUs.

7. awol79

awol79 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    MONEY is ALWAYS the priority. Nobody wants to work for free. U gotta eat, u gotta pay the bills somehow.

8. Dubious Bravado

Jul 6, 2013
    Oakland, California
    If you are not safe and legal as a class A driver first, the money will never materialize. You will not make it in trucking if all you care about is money.

9. awol79

awol79 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Dude, u don't no me. I drove trucks in the army, never had a problem. I'm not trying to b rude to u, if u don't like what I have to say, y not just say it in a mature way? U don't have to say that I'm not going to make it in trucking. U dont know that. Be nice: u get out of life what u put into it.

10. Dubious Bravado

Jul 6, 2013
    Oakland, California
    It is a general statement. Let's just agree to disagree. For the second time, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

11. midnightjr

midnightjr Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2013
    i was with a CRST recruiter on the phone 3 days ago ( i have no $ to pay for my cdl), something told me to research them, man oh man thousands of complains, but the worst is that they have no trucks, they are -34 trucks and after wait on the terminal days on end even weeks they threaten u to lease from them.
    I have a cdl B wright now i'm going to take some more endorsements save $2.5k and hopefully pass the driving test, at least i will be working for .30cpm instead for .0cpm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.