My first year at TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Linte_Loco, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Guess I`ll update my status with TMC. Still here working on my 3rd year. On track for well over $50k (not counting any per diem pay:biggrin_25525:)

Still can`t complain realy. My gravy account finaly ended:biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510: So I had a choice of TX dedicated:biggrin_25524: or boats. I chose boats and have been doing it for a month now. Enjoying the slow time of year and getting a handle on things while I have a chance. Come Jan 1 it`s gonna be on!!!

TMC has many special accounts. But you need 2 years or more on some to get on them. No more tarps!!!!! for me :biggrin_25522:

TMC is no different than most companies out there. Put in some time, prove yourself, and new doors open.

ATX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Boats are fun! Which plant are you out of? I ran a few loads last winter out of the New York Mills factory. I'm on the John Deere account now which has been fun and treating me very well.
    How do you go about not having TMC Figure out your per diem? I've been curious about that and I may end up changing to not having them do mine and just doing it whenever I do my taxes. Just not sure if I have to find a different account since that will actually be able to do transportation workers per diem pay

4. Linte_Loco

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Pharr for now. But i`m sure I`ll get to the rest soon.
    just contact human resourses and ask them to take you off it. I still have it, just wasn`t counting it in above post. It`s broken up on pay stub. I`m thinking about dropping it, but figuring out if I`m better off itemizing my deductions or not. Still pondering it and have a little time left before end of year to start next year right.

5. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Yeah I have been thinking about taking it off and doing an itemized deduction also since I now own a house and have deductions for that so it may make more sense for me to just do away with the per diem even though its easier.

6. blackjack slim

blackjack slim Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm trying to decide what company to go with TMC McElroy or Crete I hear McElroy don't pay that good so is tmc a good company are you guaranteed to be home on weekends? I'm coming out military of 10 years so the physical part is no problem for me

7. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Almost every weekend. It seems like when you start out they are a little bit harder on you. You have to prove yourself to them and after 6 months of so it gets better.

8. Onmywey2

Onmywey2 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SC
    How much extra does per diem give you average weekly on your check?

9. Linte_Loco

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    30-40 maybe. Haven`t realy dug into it. Company benefits more from it.

Onmywey2 Thanks this.
  10. jasonduke31

jasonduke31 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Tennessee
    I was leanin towards tmc now im thinkin mc elroy the pay is better and they guarantee home weekends.

Livingthedream Thanks this.
  11. blackjack slim

blackjack slim Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2012
    McElroy don't pay as much as tmc they don't get as many miles

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.