My Glen Moore experience

Discussion in 'USF Glen Moore' started by 1nonly, Oct 30, 2011.

1. dryfus21

dryfus21 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I am in Georgia by Atlanta. I called and they said they would hire me in a heart beat but they don't hire in Atlanta because they couldn't get me home. So give them a call maybe they will in SC. The pay is great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikethedriver

mikethedriver Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2011
    salem ohio
    As for Glen Moore losing money I still question that only cause YRC put the screws to any company they touch,either way they are gone and if YRC gets nailed for any wrong doing so be it,and I did go to New Century I know their is a driver who was GM and he was told they have a yard in Atlanta area and I have seen loads that go 95/85 and stuff,give them a shout see what they say

4. dryfus21

dryfus21 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I talked to New Century, a bunch of old Jevic drivers went back over there. I would go over there also, Harry was a great man to work for, but the best they can say they get you home living in Atlanta 4-6 weeks. I have 2 small kids and another on the way, I like to get home and the job I switched from Glen Moore/Celadon to will get me home every week and the pay is great. I didn't get a bill from Celadon for the truck/oreintation. They didn't take insurance out but the idiots took the prepass/lock money out and didn't give the rest of deposit money they took out. I talked to payroll yesterday evening and they said to call today and they would probably give me a comchek for it. I am glad to get out of there.

123456 Thanks this.
  5. mikethedriver

mikethedriver Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2011
    salem ohio
    I k now they told in New Century that they do southern work but is very limited and most of their solo work is in the northern midwest and great lakes area. So far they have gotten me home when they said,I talked to Celadon and they told me yhat I signed a paper in class that stated if I left within 2 weeks I would be billed back,I told her I was their for4 weeks and she said according to their records I left after New Years,but she will check in to it,as for the recovery fee they charge if they have to go get the yruck regardless if I was told that's just what they charges, but should not be on my dac. Oh well,got a better job now. Good luck

6. dryfus21

dryfus21 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I dropped mine at the Greensboro yard, that was one of the places you could drop. They just want to hold on to the deposit on the Prepass and on the lock. I never signed anything telling me that they would hold that money, so they have been told they better get it back to me on the next pay or I was going to turn them in to the labor dept. These trucking companies have to stop doing this crap to us. They have no reason to hold onto that money. They signed that they received everything back in good condition. And I would threaten them, I never signed anything like that about being with them 2 weeks. They bought Glen Moore it wasn't like you choose to go there. Us drivers need to start standing up to these companies that pull that ####. They use the DAC to black mail the drivers, and we can fight that crap. Good luck, you will like New Century, Harry is a good guy. I have a lot of friends from Jevic that went there.

7. Old Tex

Old Tex Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Woodlands Texas
    How sad that these bottom feeding rate cutters have cut the rates so low that they can't attract decent " professional " drivers...Most of them are paying starvation wages that were the norm in the eighties....30 to 40 cents a mile will only attract steering wheel holding " school boys "....Every thing has gone up sice 1986....except freight rates and drivers pay....It's really sad to see these unprofessionals on the road.....They are nothing but an accident looking for a place to happen...I trucked for 45 years starting in 1957 and today's drivers are a joke....They could command decent pay and benefits....but they would rather sit around and complain about things than take action and do something about their dire situations...This is what " deregulation " did to a once proud industry..

8. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama

DAC is Hireright (check the web) and if you can prove the allegations false, they will take it off DAC. DAC is just a private company and not affiliated at all with the federal government. All thier information is just copied from what previous employers submit-true of fales. So the bottom lines is; must of the info on DAC is untrue and favors the companies. You can check it out and also get one free DAC by writing, calling or emailing them in Tulsa.

9. pamglenn77

pamglenn77 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    is there a rider program , ins good , respectful dispatch,if you don't mind me asking top pay?

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    At Glen Moore?

Celedon swallowed them up years ago.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.