My IFTA account is flagged

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by m16ty, Aug 11, 2022.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Dont you love government? Genuine ###########

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I thought you did that part already every time you file IFTA, and you have to click that box that says it's accurate, and no fraud is intended. If they can set up the computer to flag a net zero, then surely they can set it up to cross reference if that truck didn't cross any state lines and call off the flag. Jesus.

4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    It’s gonna get worse. That 5th wheel grease is going to be dual use soon.

5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I heard the IRS never lubes up their kingpin before they slide it in your fifth wheel.

6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Well this thread went down the crapper real quick.

Simple solution. Walk in lubed up or lawyered up.

Vampire, Oxbow and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  7. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    How is the IRS a partner in IFTA? Even if they are, they couldn’t tell TN what to do any more than KY could. If you’re a partner in something you don’t get to boss around you other partners. Now if you are over something, we’ll then you can tell others what to do.

Sure sounds like the IRS in in charge of it to me, otherwise TN wouldn’t have to listen to them.

singlescrewshaker and Vampire Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    So if WI department of revenue had a problem with the ifta you filed with TN, would they be able to hold up any refund? Pretty sure the answer is yes.

9. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    This is how you invite an IRS swat team to drop by, kick down your door, and shoot your dog. Possibly.

Vampire and rollin coal Thank this.
  10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah lol I read somewhere they like to comb social media for key words and people to audit. Probably just a bunch of bull ####. They've got millions of tax returns they haven't even looked at from the past few years. I had to send '19 and '20 two times. They'll need those 87,000 new agents to help sort thru that mess. I encourage everyone to not file electronically so they'll have something to do. I remember reading a story a year or 2 ago about how they have some massive computer system that congress authorized and they spent billions on it in the 1980's and they're still trying to figure out how to get the whole boondoggle working somehow 40 years later.

11. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've been involved in fed i/t projects. Everything is a hodge-podge of low-bidder product with zero commenting or documentation. Then they attempt to fix it by bringing in even lower bidders for the do-over. What could possibly go wrong?

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.