My journey with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by getn2it, Nov 19, 2012.

1. getn2it

getn2it Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    [h=5]they purposely decreased my pay by forcing me in positions to only be making 30$/day compared to my usual production of about 150$/day because of the issues i had with the Manager, that was his way of payback supposedly. when i spoke with Randy today, that man talked to me like scum, even after i begged him for my job and a fair chance, i was being blamed for someone else miscommunications and job skills. every time i told him i didnt quit, he told me the same thing. when you drove back to houston that was your way of saying you quit.so he basically forced my decision...hopefully they will settle when im thru.. not to mention slandering my name...how will them forcfully saying that i quit my job look when i go to try and find work elsewhere? it affects my work ethics because of someone else arrogant phased.

Retaliation & Work Situations

The law forbids retaliation when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

slan·der
    /ˈslandər/
    Noun
    The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
    [/h]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Sorry to hear about your issues but, with all respects, why do you even put up with it? Quit! There are sooo many trucking jobs out there and you will be hired in a heartbeat as long as you quit correctly and professionally. What you are going through is the real reason that there is a driver shortage; most drivers realize that they deserve better and they leave. Use this to your advantage and move on immediately.

4. Tallman67122

Tallman67122 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    Well they were going to put me in another Volvo 670. Well I told him I was going to quit if they put me in another 670. Finally they found a prostate that has only 129000 miles on it. Was either that or the 670. What a pleasure it is to drive this Prostar. Basically you it's a mini cooper to a Cadillac Escalade. 129000 miles means that it was just broken in. the exterior in the interior are spotless.

5. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    i understand how easy it is to land another job, but
    #1 i am not wanting to create a bouncing work history
    #2 I am not going to just take any job because i do want longevity within a company so the next job that i do accept will be one that I WANT
    #3 I didn't quit my job, I wasn't fired....he put me in this position so that i wouldn't be able to file for unemployment while i search for a new job.

anyway i've begun my process to take legal actions against the company, so many people allow themselves to be mistreated because they do not understand LAW but i do. They choose to retaliate with the wrong person. They didnt think about how their negligence would affect me and my life, all that mattered to him was to get me off his back.

unprofessional, unethical, and discrimination will not be tolerated or accepted by me in any form. im not going to give too much detail over this forum but i will say this....for the future drivers/workers of this terminal, these issues wont be tolerated once i bring them to the light to the right persons, especially when most of the conversations that i had were recorded and i have confessions from another employee who can attest to being treated badly in that workplace(a dispatcher).

im sure because i was prejudged based upon who they may have thought they were dealing with i.e. i am a YOUNG guy with an urban look, one wouldn't expect me to stack the odds in my favor.

i dont care who you drive for, or what you do for a living, DO NOT tolerate anything less than you deserve, DO NOT allow people to use their position to abuse you as a worker, we are only human, but everyone has someone to answer to. Randy may not have to answer to me, but i know a couple of people that he will HAVE to answer to, i'll only hope he has ethical reasons for his unprofessional behavior as a supervisor.

6. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Just leave. Quit. Too many people out here like you that feel EVERYONE owes you. I see your in Texas. Wise up man. Lifes tough. You broke the rules and bobtailed 500 miles without permission or authorization from your superiors. Do you know how much that cost the company? You must've burnt thru 50 gallons of fuel. That's almost $300.

I don't mean to offend you but, why not just leave? Get another job?

You know what my uncle said when he left Vietnam? We live by the decisions and choices that we make.

tracyq144, OverDrive and mitrucker Thank this.
  7. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    i'VE DECIDED To UTILIZE MY TIME OFF WISELY.... AS I'LL BE GETTING MY ENDORSEMENTS TO MAKE MYSELF MORE MARKETABLE . THE REASON I DONT JUST QUIT OR WALK AWAY IS BECAUSE, THERE'RE RULES FOR REASON....I NEVER RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF VERBAL OR WRITTEN WARNINGS, AND BTW, I WAS NEVER INSTRUCTED NOT TO GO HOME. IT WAS LIKE A 210MILAGE THAT I DH NOT 500. YOUR ,"quote" IS CORRECT LIKE I MENTIONED BEFORE, EVERYONE ANSWERS TO SOMEONE BASED UP THEIR CHOICES AND ACTIONS. Knight WANTS ME TO DO WHAT YOU SAID, THEY EXPECT ME TO JUST DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON... i don't have a fancy quote but i do have one word....it is a powerful word. COURAGE

8. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Just like on a CA to NY load you "may not be instructed" to not go by way of Atlanta. ;)

getn2it Thanks this.
  9. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx

i can not get another driving job because they put on my DAC that i was terminated without description/ i cant even file unemployment

10. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Lots of companies will take you. Try craigslist, local staffing agencies that hire truckers, independent contractors like fedex ground and owner operators (small fleets). Mega carriers are not the only way to truck.

11. sadams71444

sadams71444 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2013
    i start orientation today May 13th. sitting in columbus ohio. super 8. Going through their squire program

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.