My journey with PGT begins today

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cjr323, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Tdgraham

Tdgraham Light Load Member

May 29, 2015
    Pgt has alot freight up north so being home weekly prob wont be a issue even though i left pgt i didnt know how.good i had it, the best flatbed carrier i have ever been with, ive been trying to go back but they wont give me a chance yet telling me give it little more time but they have an excellant training program and lease purchase.

pchandler99 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pchandler99

pchandler99 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2015
    What's the weekly take home pay with the wallboard division? If you may know.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. Tdgraham

May 29, 2015
    That i dont know but i didnt make much the short time I was there but other guys making 1200 a week take home weekly i was told if ur dedicated. My trainer not getting trainer pay made like 1400 or more a week hes on percentage also with a cover wagon

5. pchandler99

pchandler99 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Ok. I run northeast and don't see too many PGT trucks up this way. Have seen a few out in mass, nh, and maine but not much down in jersey. I run mostly jersey pa and md some delaware and virginia all the way up to maine and out to chicago. Love the northeast, ik bot many people do but I'm used to it. Want to do flatbed but stay in the northeast

Tdgraham Thanks this.
  6. Tdgraham

May 29, 2015
    Give them a call i know they will have a position i believe they have a yard in trenton nj

pchandler99 Thanks this.
  7. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Does anybody work out of their atlanta terminal? Just wondering how the freight down here is.

8. DriverJD

DriverJD Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Hey drivers, old thread but wanted to update my end of things. Still at PGT hauling mostly steel in midwest to east coast. I do my job and try to make life easy for my FM and they do right by me. Not perfect i.e. company driver means company rules but still glad I chose PGT. First company and no reason to leave.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Hey, how you guys get paid, percentage or cent per mile?
    Average miles for the week?
    Hometime?
    Trucks, auto or manual?

10. DriverJD

DriverJD Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    PGT pays percentage of truck revenue. Check with recruiting about current rates based on experience.
    My weekly miles can swing from 1600 to 2600 but this does not matter with percentage pay.
    I am home every weekend I want to be home except for very rare and unusual circumstances.
    All new trucks from 2017 year model and on are automated but all prior are 10 spd manuals.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.