My life at Millis

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Hello everyone. This thread will be a continuation of my last thread. If you are interested in Millis, please feel free to read my first two threads. The first one is titled "Millis Transfer training school" and it chronicles my experience at the Trenton, Ohio location. The next thread is titled "On the road with Millis" which is a detailed account of my experience during training after school. The purpose of this thread is to give a continuing account of what it's like to work here, and answer any questions you may have about the company or life on the road. Hope you enjoy!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    thanks for this, I like reading of a drivers day to day experiences.

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Looking forward to it!

Crusader66 and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  5. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    i enjoyed your other two threads looking forward to this one!

Crusader66 and Steelersjunkie Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Looking forward to it.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  8. Diablolover2

Diablolover2 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2016
  9. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    Definitely Subscribed! Watching Trucker Who on Youtube and reading a Steelersjunkie thread makes for a good balance between a lterary and visual world!

10. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Here goes my first real post here. And by the way, if there are specific things you'd like to know about as I'm documenting my days, let me know. Most days out here are pretty routine and uneventful, and I may very well skip over something that you might want to hear about. So, let me know. Today was relatively good, I guess, but definitely annoying. I started out in Wisconsin, and finished out in Hayti, MO. 515 miles, which is pretty good but I was hoping to get further down the road. I had Qualcomm issues, and spent more time than I wanted to trying to get it handled. I'm sure that Diane in the log department was probably sick of hearing from me. She did help me get it resolved, and I definitely appreciate her time. But I had to stop 3 times which killed my motivation and shortened my mileage a bit. But, it's fixed, and that's all that matters. I hate the alternative, which is running on paper logs. Homie don't play dat. This will hopefully benefit other drivers. Here was the problem. My unit was frozen up, and completely unresponsive. A reset will fix that, but no one was able to get it to reset. On my last call, Diane handed the phone over to someone who taught me how to do a manual reset. There is a fuse box just inside the storage door on the driver side of the truck. Pull fuse #8. Should be a red 10 amp fuse. Now watch the Qualcomm box that is also mounted in the storage area. When you pull the fuse, you'll see a blinking red light. When it stops blinking and goes dark (takes about 10 minutes), put the fuse back in. Voila, it's done. Now you just have to wait while the display unit boots up, then log back in, and you're set. It's a guarantee that won't be the last time I'll need that little trick. Other than that, my day was pretty good. Traffic wasn't awful, and there were less idiots on the road than normal. I'll call that a win. I'm 110 miles from my delivery, which is a cakewalk. Getting reloaded at the same place then heading to Texas. I am loving these southern runs, at a time when the north is getting blasted with snow. My home state got pounded the last couple days. My poor wife is driving in that garbage while I'm sitting here in 50 and 60 degree weather. I feel a little guilty lol, but just a tiny little bit :) That's all I have for today, talk to you guys soon!

misterG, SESteve83, Cyoteugly and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Do you typically have a preplan?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.