My May Journal

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Efon, May 31, 2011.

1. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    yeah, but May pays you back up to $5040
    My school was $5045. I lived 30 min from there, so it was just school, gas, and my normal meals...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    School was 3k cash they pay you back but they tax it. So they will stop paying at 3k

4. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    they don't know or care how much your school was, or who paid for it...
    You get $5040 back, if you stay that long lol
    If you're saying that $5040 is $3k after taxes...you need some kids! lol

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I got lucky, my whole school tuition of $5,000 was funded through the first stimulus money that went out to the states. Thank you American taxpayers, or should I say thanks to the Chinese for loaning the money to us ;-)

6. platinum

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Jus fo yuuu halfff pRice........!!!:biggrin_2555:

7. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Pac NW
    What is May's DOT number? Anyone?

8. mrbigmann

mrbigmann Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A F UTAH
    I really want to thank all of you May drivers and driver trainers for this thread and the many others on this site, I recently spoke to May and was offered. 42 CPM, a $ 3000 sign on bonus, a new truck and the ability to train for an additional. 10 CPM You honest ,truthfull drivers have given me cause to think long and hard about making the switch as I am currently on a dedicated drop and hook run 3200 miles a week and home 20 every week for my 34 reset. I would not even consider the position unless they guaranteed me 3000 miles a week and from what I gather from reading all the post here NOBODY gets 3000 miles a week ...and THANKS for the nursery stock/Christmas tree memories (nightmares) ....I could not / would not ever do those loads been there done that ! !!
    THANKS for saving me .You all ROLLSAFE and if you see SUN Products out of SLC truck # 270 RUNNING I-80. Holler at KOOL-Aide on 19 and I will stop and buy you a cup.....its the least I can do.

9. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    with the route you just described, I have no idea why you would want to go anywhere else, but whatever...lol
    But you clearly do not read all the posts, as I routinely get 3000+ and average 2800
    At 31cpm for 6 months of this year (just went to 32cpm 2 weeks ago), I will make over $42k, and that is taking 5-6 days (or more) home time every 4-5 weeks
    That being said; again, you have a sweet gig already, but I'm getting sick of all the crybabies complaining about their low miles at May...
    I have another friend I routinely talk to getting the same miles as me, and he in fact will have almost 3500 this week

10. platinum

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thats funny

11. mrbigmann

mrbigmann Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A F UTAH
    I was laid off at another company after 11 years....I came to this company because it was basically the same run I did at the former employer.The reason I am looking for a new position is that two years ago I was making 48 cpm at the old company and with the new company it is about 30 cpm.
    That 52 cpm is looking pretty good right now.....I just wish I would have gotten a better response in defense of MAY TRUCKING COMPANY....I really like the equipment and the pay/bonus I was offered, but I put a lot more stock in what real drivers already working for the company than what a recruiter says while trying to talk me into signing on.

COME ON MAY TRAINERS! Help me out...
    Are you getting all the miles you want EVERY WEEK while training?

How much drop and hook do you get?

Is MAY really hauling driver friendly freight or are you in the trailer ALOT? ( last time I pulled reefers 1991-1995 there was ALOT of sort and segregate/driver count/pallet wresting involved).
    Please help me out and post your response good or bad, I need to decide soon so I can make a move January 1 2012. THANKS :) :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.